Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

3 seat beach bed... sorry!

calibeach76

calibeach76

Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 150
Hi

We have a 3 seat beach and a vw comfort mattress and a vango 4" self inflating mat but still can't make the lower bed comfy. Any advice or suggestions please?! Main problem is the contour/ dip where the seat folds and we essentially want something sculpted to make the sleeping surface flat. Many thanks all in advance. Jon

Hi Calibeach76
The comfort mattress for the beach is shaped or sculpted to remove to contours of the seat and provide a perfectly flat sleeping surface. Are you sure you have bot the mattress the correct way up?
there is a firm contored side and a softer flat side ! ( soft side up)
When the comfort mattress is laid out correctly over the bench seat it should be perfect flat ?

We have a 3 seat beach and a vw comfort mattress and a vango 4" self inflating mat but still can't make the lower bed comfy. Any advice or suggestions please?! Main problem is the contour/ dip where the seat folds and we essentially want something sculpted to make the sleeping surface flat. Many thanks all in advance. Jon
In the previous thread on this it looked like you had the wrong comfort mattress: the one for the 2 seat bench Beach.

We have recently purchased the comfort mattress for the three seat bench Beach, and it is contoured to fit over the lumps and bumps of the bench seat.

Last edited:
The Matress won’t change, no matter how many times you ask the question :Iamsorry

In the previous thread on this it looked like you had the wrong comfort mattress: the one for the 2 seat bench Beach.

We have recently purchased the comfort mattress for the three seat bench Beach, and it is contoured to fit over the lumps and bumps of the bench seat.
Hi. This is what we thought we had determined but the dealer keeps telling us it is correct and refuses to accept it is wrong. Do you have a photo and or part number for yours please. It was an expensive part and I don't want to have to pay for another if it is wrong. Many thanks

The part number is : 7E8 067 365

There are two colours available grey and Anthracite

Funnily enough, I still have the poly sheet that the mattress came in

See this

And the sticker on the packaging
View attachment 53246
I hop this helps
You are a gent. Much obliged. I'm so p****d off that the dealer denies the part I have been provided with is incorrect.

A dealer not knowing what there talking about, and denying they made a mistake, I have never heard anything of the sort ;)

Most dealers are clueless, when it comes to the Cali.

Insist on the correct part that you paid for

If they fitted incorrect parts they would have to correct the problem !

Perfectos

Spot on my friend. I have emailed again. Even Chris at their sister garage Vw Liverpool confirmed and has a YouTube video showing a different part to that which I was provided with. I have now asked for them to replace with the correct part and failing this will have no option other than small claims court. I've wasted too much time on this and not only that not had the correct or usable part for all my trips since I got the vehicle in August!

Just to be absolutely clear.

The VW mattress for the 3 seat bench Beach has six sections and is used without the multiflex pad. It can be used to make a 180cm long bed with the full length multiflex and the lowered bench, or a 200cm long bed with the shortened multiflex, lowered bench and two additional seats.

If your mattress has only three sections it is the incorrect mattress for the three seat bench Beach. If your dealer still insists they have given you the correct mattress, show them the YouTube clip by California Chris.

Amarillo

Top stuff. Agreed and exactly what I have done! I even contacted California Chris previously to confirm the part and my dealer still insisted the 3 piece topper they'd supplied was correct. I've no no option but small claims if they won't accept their error? I've not been impressed with Birmingham at all tbh.

Amarillo

Top stuff. Agreed and exactly what I have done! I even contacted California Chris previously to confirm the part and my dealer still insisted the 3 piece topper they'd supplied was correct. I've no no option but small claims if they won't accept their error? I've not been impressed with Birmingham at all tbh.
It shouldn’t require the small claims court to sort this out. Have you asked for details of the complaints’ process, or have you written to the Managing Director?

It shouldn’t require the small claims court to sort this out. Have you asked for details of the complaints’ process, or have you written to the Managing Director?
Yes. I asked for their complaints procedure. Tbh I'm not too optimistic given their fobbing off to date but we shall see and I will report back!

The part number is : 7E8 067 365

There are two colours available grey and Anthracite
Looks like that part number is not for the comfort mattress, rather it's for the pad that sits on the multiflex board for those who didn't order the comfort matress from new.Screen Shot 2019-12-08 at 11.05.11 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-12-08 at 11.04.27 PM.png

The saga continues! This is a photo I took of a brand new mattress in a showroom van about 6 months back.

I also asked VWGuru to check for me and he also confirmed that was the correct Part number for the mattress topper for the 3seat rear bench.

38FCC3A6-01DE-40C7-A07B-F3C5E022CDD6.jpeg

@calibeach76 if you're still unsure just post a photo of your mattress on the bed and we should be able to confirm if it's the right one.

Mine is very comfortable. Apart from the first night when I had it the wrong way round and slept on the hard side!

This is my comfort mattress deployed, you can see there are more than 3 sections and you can't see the double bit.

I think that's medium length bed (multiflex extended but captains chairs at home).

IMG_2722.jpeg

Here you go guys. This is what I was provided with for a 3 seat Beach...

20191015_141309.jpg

This is my comfort mattress deployed, you can see there are more than 3 sections and you can't see the double bit.

I think that's medium length bed (multiflex extended but captains chairs at home).

View attachment 53263
Thanks. I've attached a pic of mine and it isn't anything like yours...

Back