Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

3M stick on dash kit

Big Ted

Big Ted

Vehicle
T5 SE 174
My 2008 T5 dash looks a bit of a black and plastic fantastic cockpit.
I’ve been toying with lightening it up a touch with a stick on dash kit.
(I know it’s more plastic, but it’s not black)
I’ve found this kit in light British Oak.....
...which may be the best match to the interior of the Cali, especially since I have light tan seats.

Has anyone else fitted such a thing or anything else to enhance an old cockpit?

or anything else to enhance an old cockpit?
Are you on the right forum bigted? :D

If you're gonna keep the van forever then go for it if it tickles
your fancy, but it may be tricky to remove without trace once on
so that 50 quid buying cost may de-value the van a little.
Have you tried yellow lens glasses? they're great at brightening things up.:thumb

This mst be a wind up, surely :D

D470E5E1-451B-42AD-B68E-3374E75215DB.jpeg
It’s just a touch bland!

I’m not convinced with the full kit, but maybe just a bit beneath the glove box and light switch - hence me asking on here.

View attachment 46154
It’s just a touch bland!

I’m not convinced with the full kit, but maybe just a bit beneath the glove box and light switch - hence me asking on here.
Hmm, the oak effect make me think of the big white moterhomes with lots of plastic wood. Maybe there are other ways to personalise?

I agree with @westfalia re resale - if you're going to keep it forever and you like it, then go for it. But I'd be concerned about getting it off in the future without damaging what's underneath. It would definitely put me off as a buyer.

I've seen similar in T3, T4 and T5 a few times over the years and I quite like it. Maybe simply as I like wood much more than plastic - even though its really plastic that looks like wood. If you like it do it - its your van.

I used a similar kit in my previous Peugeot based Motorhome which looked good and certainly enhanced the appearance. It was a plus point when selling to a Dealer.
Care needed when fitting to get aligned first time.

B5D468EF-AA90-47C1-83E7-15DB4FCFF2A0.jpeg3B8B9ACA-65E4-4455-8318-504CE5E70315.jpeg1BFDC68A-A7BB-4342-9618-EE1E3409CC24.jpeg

All done!

I know it’s not to everyone’s taste, but I like the overall effect. It certainly helps brighten up the interior and makes it less bland. I love the doors and corners, the centre part near the radio isn’t seemless, but future plans may see a larger 9” Alpine Halo headunit hide this area.

Before people jump in and say they don’t like the fake wood effect, have a look at the kitchen unit behind you!

It was fairly easy to fit, fitted on a baking hot day whilst sat in the van with all windows closed. The kit became flexible and stuck pretty well. (Small section above the radio seems to have unstuck and cooled, so I’ll get the hairdryer out and tidy that bit up.)

Re:Airbag comment, this kit has taken this into consideration and splits the section under the glovebox.

Re: resale comment... as previously stated, it’s a 10 year old Cali not £70k‘s worth of a brand new one. We plan on keeping this one for many years, so happy with personalising it.

Re: Removal - it looks like it’s just 3m tape/adhesive - I would say an IPA solution would be all that’s needed to remove any parts in the future. If it gets too bad, and is a PITA to remove gracefully, I’d just refit a new kit.

Wow. I tell you what I like it. I love to see the vans personalised. Especially the DIY stuff.

Wow, not really my cup of tea, but you guys are blessed with a Transporter dashboard.
Not that the Multivan dashboard is that wow, but it has at least a little silver touch to, and it is more comfortable.
But the most important thing is that you have to be happy about it, and if you are, then I am too for you.

Good job and what matters is it makes @Big Ted happy.

They do a fab range of colours and effects: the carbon fibre and brushed aluminium look cool. Interesting spelling of Caravelle though!

So how well do you think it ties in with the other 'wooden' furniture, colourwise?

I love it, it’s all about making the van feel like it’s yours,after all it is a home on wheels