Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

4 wheel alignment with ACC

Taff7996

Taff7996

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Just tried to have my 4 wheel alignment done on my California

It was a hunter wheel alignment centre near me, All was going well untill he asked if I had adaptive cruise control, when I replied yes, he stated that he couldn't do the alignment, as the Adaptive Cruise Control and emergency braking would need to be recalibrated and he didn't have the equipment to do this.

He said, if the system failed because of his actions he would be liable

Anyone else come across this, any recomendations in South Wales to have this done, apart from VW service centre

I have heard of this but I was under the impression wheel alignment didnt make it a requirement. Its a requirement if the front bumper is removed, sensor moved or replaced, suspension height changed. Might be worth checking with VW.
Hunter centre probably playing safe.

Hi All.
I have been reading with interest the information given about the ACC, with this in mind, if I decide to put a set of Pedders rear springs and shock absorbers to our 2018 204 DSG, as I tow a caravan, I found this rear suspension worked very well on our previous T5 California, will I have to have the ACC recalibrated ,
As well as all wheel alignment, If Vw Guru is reading this post can this be done
At the dealership where he works.
Thank you in anticipation.

Alan

Hi Vw Guru any comments on previous post please?.

Alan.

Hi @california kid and all if any suspension work is carried out then yes the radar must be recalibrated as it is set up to the rear axle angle. If the geometry of the vehicle is changed then yes the a radar must be reset. If the front bumper comes off or the lock carrier (the whole front end) is moved in a workshop or any other reason the radar must be reset.

And yes we can do it all at our van center :thumb

Hi Vw Guru.

Thank you for your reply, how long would it take, would you have any idea on cost .
Ideally would like to replace our rear suspension before Easter.

Alan.

Hi Vw Guru.

Thank you for your reply, how long would it take, would you have any idea on cost .
Ideally would like to replace our rear suspension before Easter.

Alan.

Hi Alan normally a geo and acc calibration takes around an 45 mins to an hour and it’s about an hour to change the rear springs and shocks. Unfortunately no idea on cost but give the call center a ring say you have spoken to me and they can tell you a cost for it all. You would be able to book In at any point next week.

Cheers Vw Guru.

Have got a busy schedule next couple weeks but will certainly phone, when ready to have done, to keep cost down, will prob fit springs and shock
Absorbers myself get you to do the acc calibration and wheel alignment .

Alan.

Back