Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

50 inch television in cali

K

kvdw

Hello, I wanted to share our television solution, even without 220V connection, we can see the final in Brazil 'Belgium/England' :)

-Mini-Led-beamer mounted on ceiling (demountable)
-sat-reciever mounted in 'plane cabinet'
-powerchoice extern220V or intern220V (up to 6 hours without charging)

Best Regards, karel.

calibeam1.jpg calibeam3.jpg calibeam4.jpg calibeam5.jpg

I am sure you wil enjoy but I am happy with watching tv on the lap top :D
welcome to the forum

Welcome fella ......very interesting TV setup and sure it will go down well with the other TV addicts on the forum .... :smile

Welcome to the forum interesting arrangement. I take it the projector demounts from there when the roof is down or does it hangs over the boot space all the time>

Jodrell Bank strikes again :shocked

Hello,

Thanks for the welcoming, I read your top forum for a while, allthough posting was new.
Off course the beamer is demountable, in the past it took a long time to set up the whole
equipment, plenty of cable-misery.
Now it takes 2min to watch tv. Not addicted, I'd rather go fishing but
sometimes it is a pity to miss important and interesting sports-broadcast.
When the rooftop isn't up, it is also possible to set the beamer on the table
and project on the screen above the sink, the silver screen is perfect for projection.

Greetings, karel.

Fantastic, not everybodies cup of tea but But everybody here like their cali for different reasons and I applaud your individuality.

welcome

I'm jealous .... What an achievement. I have two small children that don't give me time to watch tv whatever the size. Home from home , brill. :thumb

Fantastic! Any details on the kit you've used?

Hello,

Glad you like it, it is a simple, rather 'cordless' solution. (hate cables) :)
The beamer is an Optoma ML550, not the cheapest one but great performance and long life LED bulb.
My wife made the screen out of white cotton, on the 4 edges she sewed plastic hooks.
The top off the screen is hooked in the existing ceiling hooks.
(normally to attach the children-safety-net)
The bottem will be fixed in the optional net-bars,
-7H7067560 + 4x screws N 91128201
The beamer is placed in an angle. To get the most realistic picture I also can move the screen in an angle.
Topscreen forward, bottomscreen backwards.
I ordered a bluetooth-sender (LogiLink Bluetooth BT0024) to sent the audio signal cordless to the rns510, the sound produced by the beamer is rather weak...

Kind Regards, karel.

Thanks for your response. The optoma certainly seems bright enough from your pics but how's the resolution from your viewing distance, as you will probably be sitting quite close :) can you see individual pixels and does it detract from the experience?

Confuserated said:
Thanks for your response. The optoma certainly seems bright enough from your pics but how's the resolution from your viewing distance, as you will probably be sitting quite close :) can you see individual pixels and does it detract from the experience?

Since the input signal is HD, no detraction at all.
No individual pixels spotted.
Really, the experience is more than sufficiant.
Drawing pictures with the dslr and project them, great.
The brightness could be a problem when projected over longer distance.

Kind Regards, karel.

Harrythecat said:
Help!!! I go away in the van to get away from the telly! Keep it to yourselves :eek:

Hello,
Let's go philosophical :)
Sometimes, even on vacation, there is a 'final champions league' or a wimbledon final
or...things so rare we want to see.
I take a break and can watch it in a few minutes even in the middle of nowhere
without 220V.
More important, it is a 'minimalistic installation' and it is 'invisible' when not used.
A fixed or have to fix when needed flatscreen is cali-unworthy.
We are no tv-addicts, sorry.
I only wanted to share a technical tv-solution for cali-people.

I rest my case :)

Totally respect what you have achieved and set out to do and fair play to you kdvw. :goodone

The one thing I learned with a lot of members here is that the places we can achieve in the cali are above and beyond the tv, I go away in my cali to enjoy it the outdoors and to get away from the s**t know as life including the tv. (can't say the wife because i have to take her with me) :thumb

With that said I'm very impressed with the system and i think its going to be a bit of a marmite thing.

Goose

I like it.
We always bring our avtex when we go away often don't use it but nice to have the choice.
Currently watching Holland v Argentina bloody rubbish compared to Brazil v Germany last night but never mind.
Each to his own I say.
Currently at beacon farm campsite at St agnes would recommend!

I've got a linsar 12v tv but I don't take it in the Cali never get time to watch it.

I do have a nice usb projector that works with the macbook (or rather works with win7) if I want portable films but despite loving the idea I've never done it yet. I do love the idea of a projector when camping but we just dont find the time unless the weather is awful.

50 inch bigger that we have at home. Could set it up a 50 inch in the open door for the whole campsite to watch.

Back