5th seat? One person job?

Ocean Spirit

Ocean Spirit

Eating Ice Cream, skimming stones.
Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
i assume that although it’s bulky with a fair amount of weight that it’s a job for one person to put in and install?

i assume that although it’s bulky with a fair amount of weight that it’s a job for one person to put in and install?
Nearly impossible to "bend the knees" to save the back when stepping through the side door entrance. Two person lift makes it a much safer procedure, having the roof up also helps.

Thank you guys!

Did you mean like single seat ? If so there is no problem to remove / install one person male or female. Average health and not super strong. For sure roof could be closed. 3 seat bench is different animal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you mean like single seat ? If so there is no problem to remove / install one person male or female. Average health and not super strong. For sure roof could be closed. 3 seat bench is different animal.

Could you please confirm that Slovakian men and women are a much stronger than their UK equivalents, I have struggled to fit these seats in the van single handed, my wife would not even try.

Could you please confirm that Slovakian men and women are a much stronger than their UK equivalents, I have struggled to fit these seats in the van single handed, my wife would not even try.
Yes I agree. Seat removal/fitting is more of a team sport than solo activity. I did it on my own (once) but wouldn’t repeat that.

Yes I picked the seat up and certainly for a 1st timer I was very glad of an extra pair of hands.

I have to admit that I've removed our single seats on many occasions but IMO it really isn't safe for one person to do this on his or her own. They are very heavy and almost impossible to lift using safe lifting methods, especially inside the van. So yes it is possible but you risk doing yourself damage in doing so. Much better to get help.

I keep mine in an out building and as it is some distance from where I park our Beach I've bought a cheap collapsible trolley. It saves much back breaking carrying.

Back