Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

5th Seat Pop up tent

rippers

rippers

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Has anyone found a suitable pop up tent for putting the 5th seat in when in bed mode?

Edit, was trigger happy with the post, searched and found pop up toilet tents.. but if anyone has any other solutions or recommendations please let me know

We use a Coleman beach tent like this the ground sheet zips up.
images

We use a Coleman beach tent like this the ground sheet zips up.
images
Do you find it's waterproof? Given how easily cloth gets water stained I'd be worried about that.

You could do a belt and braces job by using a garden/patio chair cover as well, if rain expected.

Put one of the inka waterproof seat covers on & it should be fine. More of a worry I found was the feet poking through the tent groundsheet & clogging the mechanism with mud.

How about one of these for a bit of extra security against the weather. I was looking at getting something like this for storing the grandchildren’s car seats and noticed your post. It’s not completely waterproof so you’d still need another cover of some sort but it would keep the dirt off.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01LWN5W4E/?tag=eliteelect-21

Thanks for the suggestion but the thread is regarding the 5th removable seat in a California that an adult can sit on, not a generic child seat.

Well yes, I know that .. but the cover is huge .. I thought it might fit over the removable seat. I already have one similar and that one fits the drivers seat in my van .. I just tried it. You might not realise but children’s car seats nowadays are enormous.

Back