Best VW California Dedicated Forum by Miles :)

1. France Meet - September 2017 - More Details Here

Dismiss Notice

5th seat

Discussion in 'General VW T5 & T6 California Chat' started by davetherave, Jan 8, 2017.

1. davetherave

davetherave VIP Member

Transmission:
    Auto
    Vehicle:
    T6 Ocean 204
    Year:
    Any advice how to remove the fifth seat on a ocean please

2. daveyboydanger

daveyboydanger VIP Member

Transmission:
    Auto
    Vehicle:
    T6 Beach 150
    Year:
    Slide seat as far back as possible. Get a flat head screwdriver and pop up the ends of the rails. Remove them and then take the longer silver covers off too. Then you should be able to slide the seat forward to the gaps where you can lift the seat out.
    There are places on here that describe it (maybe better) but instead of just giving you a link I thought I'd try and describe it.
    Good luck!
    :)

3. Lewis

Lewis VIP Member

Transmission:
    Auto
    Vehicle:
    T6 Ocean 150
    I found it to be a total PITA the first time, took forever to get the silver covers off and thought I'd never do it again. But then every time since its been much much easier...it all just needs loosening up.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Trev

Trev VIP Member

Vehicle:
    T6 Cali On Order
    Removed mine for the first time on Sunday. Wished I had videod the salesman showing me how to do it on handover. Tried levering up the ali rail ... Noooooo. then checked the forum ....

Fairly easy once you know how, but it's certainly a heavy bugger. Useful to have someone inside the van telling when it's clear to lift up (straight up). It's now taken up residence in the spare room - an unusual bedside chair. No leaving it in the garage for the mice to feast on.

5. davetherave

davetherave VIP Member

Transmission:
    Auto
    Vehicle:
    T6 Ocean 204
    Year:
    Seat removed thanks for the advice just make sure you move bench seat and 5 th seat as far back as you can remove aluminium rail covers and plastic ends move seat to gaps in rails and lift ,very heavy seat out recommend 2 people to do this now in garage

6. Lewis

Lewis VIP Member

Transmission:
    Auto
    Vehicle:
    T6 Ocean 150
    The question is - will it ever come out again? ;)

7. Alan

Alan

Transmission:
    Auto
    Vehicle:
    T5 SE 180
    Year:
    Well mine did

Once in 4 years and back the next day :)

Alan

8. Stoneybroke

Stoneybroke VIP Member

Transmission:
    Auto
    Vehicle:
    T6 Beach 150
    Year:
    Mine's the reverse, it came out within days of delivery, wrapped up and stored in the garage for when we need five seats in the Beach.

9. Trev

Trev VIP Member

Vehicle:
    T6 Cali On Order
    And don't make the mistake I did. Remember it always plastic end caps first then slide and remove the alu strips.