Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

6.1 handbrake

C

CaliMac

Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 150
Hi, after several years of dithering, I have a VW Coast due for delivery in a few weeks. Having hired / viewed T6s I am aware of the handbrake's obstructive nature if not lowered before swivelling the adjacent chair. I remember a video last year pre-launch that suggested this problem would be solved with an electric handbrake. I have googled many videos and images but cannot find confirmation; does anyone know?

Ok thank you; no big deal with the DSG in 'park' mode I suppose...maybe T7.

Ok thank you; no big deal with the DSG in 'park' mode I suppose...maybe T7.
No, park is fine - the only 'issue' I've had with using park is on levelling ramps, where it 'just' rolls off level!
And when it comes time to come out of park, it takes a bit of force with a clunk to disengage the pawls if it's holding the vans weight.

The pawl is a very small thing and not designed to take much load hence the clunk when it disengages. Pretty bad really.

The pawl is a very small thing and not designed to take much load hence the clunk when it disengages. Pretty bad really.
Thank you for the reply and video. I will see how I get on and consider the modification then.

No, park is fine - the only 'issue' I've had with using park is on levelling ramps, where it 'just' rolls off level!
And when it comes time to come out of park, it takes a bit of force with a clunk to disengage the pawls if it's holding the vans weight.
Good point to be aware of certainly; thank you.

We try and use additional chocks on the ramps to avoid the loading on the pawls.

What do others here do?

We try and use additional chocks on the ramps to avoid the loading on the pawls.

What do others here do?
On ramps, which is rarely, chocks placed in position, then handbrake off to turn Seat.

About £500 fitted (after 5% discount for club VIP members) drive in drive out.

Has anyone looked at fitting the crafter handbrake? I don’t understand why vw don’t use that. Lift the lever to apply & then it drops back down. Lift again with button pressed & let it drop to release.
Means the lever is always down so the seats can swivel.

Has anyone looked at fitting the crafter handbrake? I don’t understand why vw don’t use that. Lift the lever to apply & then it drops back down. Lift again with button pressed & let it drop to release.
Means the lever is always down so the seats can swivel.
Probably issues with homologation.

What do others here do?
We often (usually) need to employ levelling ramps, so we have a couple of little chocks that take no space when packing . Or, we don’t turn the drivers seat.

i stand outside and put my foot on the foot brake while my wife lowers the handbrake and turns the seat.
Lol.... we do the same....

I would like to put electric parking brake just to have more soace for daily fridge

Poslano sa mog SM-G985F koristeći Tapatalk

Back