Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

6 years since my first post...

J

jonvon999

VIP Member
Hi everyone, given that we all have a bit more spare time on our hands right now I have been surfing the web quite a bit looking at car forums etc then I got an email to say my yearly subscription to this forum had been paid! To be honest I had forgotten about it :(
Looking at my profile I see that it was 6 years ago when I posted here for the first time having just bought my Cali.... well I still have it 46,000 miles on - not too bad. I have done a few bits and bobs to it over the years, first thing I did was fit the Eibach lowering springs about 3 months in and all is still well. I fitted LED DRL's, then an ABT front splitter which I subsequently damaged beyond repair on a high kerb (I was livid at the time) so I replaced it with a genuine VW Sportline one which looks equally as good but isn't as low. I managed to find a set of 3 genuine 18" alloys which were an option at the time (only 3 as they came from a written-off van with only 200 miles on them so tyres were like new too. The fourth wheel was destroyed into a half moon shape!). I ordered a 4th matching one from ebay.de and fitted a matching tyre. I then started on a few retrofits; Golf GTI flat bottom steering wheel with paddle shifters, colour MFD instrument cluster and the RNS-510 sat nav. I now have a MIB2 unit with carplay to go in. Reliability wise all has been well (touch wood) - routine services and a DSG service. I had a couple of warranty repairs including a new side window as it leaked, a complete new driver's seat as it squeaked really bad and a new kitchen cupboard door which fell off to name a couple. I've had some great UK trips (highlands and islands of Scotland and the North Coast 500 being a highlight) plus some european trips to Bruges, a lot of France and bits of Germany. I totally love the van and plan to keep it for a long time coming. It was a huge investment but it is long term and provides great pleasure. I cannot think of any other vehicle that would give the ownership satisfaction nor be as versatile as this. Stay safe everyone and thanks for reading my (long) post!

IMG_5650.JPG

pic 1.jpg

pic2.jpg

My favourite Cali colour.
Loved my Beach in this blue.
Great to hear the van has served you so well.

2A20CBB2-F975-4FCF-B842-BB96382B1C48.jpeg

Hi everyone, given that we all have a bit more spare time on our hands right now I have been surfing the web quite a bit looking at car forums etc then I got an email to say my yearly subscription to this forum had been paid! To be honest I had forgotten about it :(
Looking at my profile I see that it was 6 years ago when I posted here for the first time having just bought my Cali.... well I still have it 46,000 miles on - not too bad. I have done a few bits and bobs to it over the years, first thing I did was fit the Eibach lowering springs about 3 months in and all is still well. I fitted LED DRL's, then an ABT front splitter which I subsequently damaged beyond repair on a high kerb (I was livid at the time) so I replaced it with a genuine VW Sportline one which looks equally as good but isn't as low. I managed to find a set of 3 genuine 18" alloys which were an option at the time (only 3 as they came from a written-off van with only 200 miles on them so tyres were like new too. The fourth wheel was destroyed into a half moon shape!). I ordered a 4th matching one from ebay.de and fitted a matching tyre. I then started on a few retrofits; Golf GTI flat bottom steering wheel with paddle shifters, colour MFD instrument cluster and the RNS-510 sat nav. I now have a MIB2 unit with carplay to go in. Reliability wise all has been well (touch wood) - routine services and a DSG service. I had a couple of warranty repairs including a new side window as it leaked, a complete new driver's seat as it squeaked really bad and a new kitchen cupboard door which fell off to name a couple. I've had some great UK trips (highlands and islands of Scotland and the North Coast 500 being a highlight) plus some european trips to Bruges, a lot of France and bits of Germany. I totally love the van and plan to keep it for a long time coming. It was a huge investment but it is long term and provides great pleasure. I cannot think of any other vehicle that would give the ownership satisfaction nor be as versatile as this. Stay safe everyone and thanks for reading my (long) post!

View attachment 57901

View attachment 57902

View attachment 57903
What a great post, thanks for sharing.
Could I ask where you got that cracking blue mat?
Thanks and all the best.

What a great post, thanks for sharing.
Could I ask where you got that cracking blue mat?
Thanks and all the best.
Sorry for late reply - I got it from a seller at BusFest 3 years ago but I can't remember who the seller was :(

Back