Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

67 registrations on sale from the DVLA today ... got in early

Welcome to the fold. One of many purchases for your new toy I expect!
It's like waiting for the birth of a child, buying stuff that you think you and the Cali need for a good life.

Welcome to the fold. One of many purchases for your new toy I expect!
It's like waiting for the birth of a child, buying stuff that you think you and the Cali need for a good life.

Thanks! yes, it will be. Shopping list in progress .....

Did you say that you didn't want delivery until September at the earliest when ordering?

Did you say that you didn't want delivery until September at the earliest when ordering?
They did say it would more likely be a September delivery - i'll give them a shout to confirm ... hopefully will be ok

I ordered mine as a March 17 delivery, it was in before but I didn't take delivery until 17 reg.
If you give them the reg transfer documentation that should be enough as they can get it registered on that plate from day one.
You did after all buy the plate on the basis that you were informed that it would be September earliest delivery.

Yep, that's correct. Although I guess that will mean it could spend a couple of weeks at the dealer prior to delivery.

If the provisional build date was 1st week in July, and the confimed was a week later - they reckon it takes a week to build, then shipping say a week and a half to get to Grimsby, so what would the earliest it would get to the dealer? what are the logistics from final assembly?

I don't know the current order to delivery timescale but can quote mine.
I was originally told week 50 (2016) build, this went to week 4 (2017).
I noticed that the PDI was dated 20th Feb. so that's 4 weeks from build start to being over here.

There's no reason why you cant pay for it prior to the delivery/registration date if it becomes a big issue but I wouldn't expect any problem if yo go the route of going in with the reg documentation.
Customer is King.
a change of order spec. can put the build back. depends how far down the order chain your order is though. Not normally a good idea from what others have found.

A bit late now to mention but many went for the other reg plate option of T6 xxx (xxx being their initials).
T6 CAL was grabbed pretty early on when released by the DVLA.