Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

680 ordered.

Bendwg

Bendwg

Vehicle
Grand California 680
Hi All
Took the plunge today and ordered an iridium grey GC 680. As I wanted the diesel heating it looks like I’m in for a long delay due to a parts shortage so hoping for a September delivery. Plenty of time to get buying all new bits and bobs for it.
Anyone changed the alloys yet?
Ben

Congratulations. Looks like quite a few GC’s will be around later in the year.

I recently saw that GC's are built in Poland, completely separate facility to that of T6.1 Californias.

Hi All
Took the plunge today and ordered an iridium grey GC 680. As I wanted the diesel heating it looks like I’m in for a long delay due to a parts shortage so hoping for a September delivery. Plenty of time to get buying all new bits and bobs for it.
Anyone changed the alloys yet?
Ben
Hi Ben and welcome,

Yes I have changed and chose Borbet wheels purely there is not a lot of choice due to weight loading and offset. Would love some Black Rhino but need to do more research regarding the significant offset difference and any effect it might have. These are the current ones.

I would start ordering your gear now as things are running short now. Get your fitted sheets ordered soon. Carpet and so on all available from the club shop.

Will

I recently saw that GC's are built in Poland, completely separate facility to that of T6.1 Californias.
Less COVID there unlike the Hanover factory.

Some idle time to spare looking at wheels?

Last edited:
Thought you may like this site as it showes proper spec ie load axel weight and offset.

Hi Ben and welcome,

Yes I have changed and chose Borbet wheels purely there is not a lot of choice due to weight loading and offset. Would love some Black Rhino but need to do more research regarding the significant offset difference and any effect it might have. These are the current ones.

I would start ordering your gear now as things are running short now. Get your fitted sheets ordered soon. Carpet and so on all available from the club shop.

Will
Hi Will, thanks. Im maybe been a bit thick but could you point me in right direction for fitted sheet? Also I can only see LHD front cab carpet, is a rhd avaiable? Thanks.

Hi Will, thanks. Im maybe been a bit thick but could you point me in right direction for fitted sheet? Also I can only see LHD front cab carpet, is a rhd avaiable? Thanks.
Hi Ben just checked the club shop they seem to be out of the fitted sheets it’s worth giving them a call on Monday Sales Enquiries: 01246 912 712 (9am-5pm) also if you become a VIP club member think you get 10% off shop purchases and discounts at a good few other shops.

Re carpet personally I would go for carpet all round garage/ boot included and VW rubber matts up front in the foot wells. As that area can get messy.

Sorry to say start spending now on things you will need as supplies have and are running short.

Even book campsites now as guess we will not be going to europe, but only when your confident of a build date.

Hope that helps a little.

Will

Hi Ben just checked the club shop they seem to be out of the fitted sheets it’s worth giving them a call on Monday Sales Enquiries: 01246 912 712 (9am-5pm) also if you become a VIP club member think you get 10% off shop purchases and discounts at a good few other shops.

Re carpet personally I would go for carpet all round garage/ boot included and VW rubber matts up front in the foot wells. As that area can get messy.

Sorry to say start spending now on things you will need as supplies have and are running short.

Even book campsites now as guess we will not be going to europe, but only when your confident of a build date.

Hope that helps a little.

Will
Cheers Will.
Yes buying a few bits now. We’ve a motorhome at minute and we mainly wild camp so all ready to go when we can. I’ll sell it when we get closer to delivery date.
Trying to find a few measurements to order a few things so I’ll be annoying the forum with queries for months.

Cheers Will.
Yes buying a few bits now. We’ve a motorhome at minute and we mainly wild camp so all ready to go when we can. I’ll sell it when we get closer to delivery date.
Trying to find a few measurements to order a few things so I’ll be annoying the forum with queries for months.
No worries lots of people to point you in the right direction, but you already have a good footing. worth becoming a VIP if your purchasing from the shop.

I have also ordered a 680 in Indium grey.

Welcome Bendwig - we have taken delivery of our 680 a couple of weeks ago. We went for the two tone Indium grey and silver on top. We got the standard VW crafter rubber mats up front from our local commercial dealer for only €65. We are also getting the Thule Bike rack for the Crafter, trying to order through a contact in VW Ireland as difficult to get ourelves from the UK. We have also ordered a one way ferry ticket to Cherbourg for the end of May, but who knows what will happen with that

Good luck with your 680 when you get it