9 days in France???

vwanorak

vwanorak

Aircooled at heart!
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 130
Hi All

I am hoping for some divine inspiration and the benefit of experience.

We are off to Disneyland Paris for 4 nights in Late July, and then have the remainder of a two week break to spend somewhere???

Need to entertain two small children and although the coast is a draw, we live by the beach at home so it is not crucial.

We normally stay at Le Touquet on our way back home from Paris, so looking for something a bit further afield. I had considered driving down to St Marlo for a few days then hoping on a Fast cat for a few days in Guernsey (now that we can take campers on the island) and coming home that way.

Look forward to hearing your ideas.

Many thanks

Andy

I can give you some tips for Disney Park:

There is a part of the parking area dedicated to campers.
Good thing is that there are 24 hours toillets and showers, free. Staying overnight is 20 Euros extra.
It is worth to stay at least 1 night, or better 2 nights to see most of the attractions especially in summer, when there are long waiting queues all over the place. It is good to use the early hours and the late hours, just before closing, less people at the time.

Regards
Andrzej

We did Disneyland Paris last year in the school holidays and it was hell on earth.
The queues were terrible, Big Thunder mountain 90mins, Crushes Coaster 2 hours+ to name but a few. When we got back home everyone was shocked that we even contiplated going there at this time if year. Never again.

van-solo said:
We did Disneyland Paris last year in the school holidays and it was hell on earth.
The queues were terrible, Big Thunder mountain 90mins, Crushes Coaster 2 hours+ to name but a few. When we got back home everyone was shocked that we even contiplated going there at this time if year. Never again.

What you may do, is to concentrate on the so called "fast passes". Use your entrance ticket you obtain coupons booked on the certain hour. It requires high level of time co-ordination to avoid overlapping and avoiding running from one end of park to the other, but it is a reasonable alternative to the frustraiting queues. At least in summmer the opening hours are much longer than in winter, so: yes much more crowdy but more time to use either.

Thanks guys, but I don't need help with DLP. We are frequent visitors and are staying at the Marriott for that part of the trip.

It's the remainder of our time in France I'm in need of ideas for.

Thanks for posting :D

Andy