Best VW California Dedicated Forum by Miles :)

1. NEXT CLUB MEETS
    Afternoon Meet ( Now with camping available) - 30th March Details Here
    Gloucester Meet - may 17-19 Details Here

Dismiss Notice

A £82.5k California - OUCH!

Discussion in 'Buying a VW California' started by MarkVw2017, Feb 3, 2019.

1. WelshGas

WelshGas Retired after 42 yrs and enjoying Life. Top Poster VIP Member Lifetime VIP Member

Transmission:
    Auto
    Vehicle:
    T5 SE 180 4Motion
    Year:
    You have to at least compare comparative base vehicles.

So no point comparing a 84hp Trendline with a 150 Beach.
    A 150 DSG Highline with 17” alloys, swivel cabin seats and a Diesel Parking Heater + 1 Leisure Battery comes in at about £45,000.
    That excludes side windows, any form of sound deadening and No Interior body panels or floor, or even a rear seat.

• I Agree I Agree x 1
  2. GrannyJen

GrannyJen goody goody 2shoes Moderator Top Poster Lifetime VIP Member

Transmission:
    Auto
    Vehicle:
    T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
    Year:
    I don't compare the California to anything. It is a virtually unique vehicle, possibly only the MP comes close in comparison, so any comparison is going to be so full of "If's and but's" it's probably meaningless.

Equally the real cost to each of us is so varied. It has saved me the cost of a second car, a fortune in hotel bills, given an unquantifiable amount of enhancement to my life and the depreciation is so small that it makes it cheaper to own than my sister's one-series Beemer.

At the end of the day it's either worth it to me or it isn't. If it is then I just close my eyes and dish up the dosh.

• I Like That! I Like That! x 2