Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

A bit puzzled

• Thread starter Brian Nicholson
  • Start date
B

Brian Nicholson

Vehicle
Just browsing
Hello, i am starting research to buy a VW Cali in the future and initially looking at my needs and decide if the Ocean or Beach will be my choice but now i see T4,T5 & T6 what does this mean in ref to the Beach or Ocean ?

What is now called the Ocean on the T6 platform was previously called the SE on the T5 and T4. Different base vans, same (pretty much) fit--outs.

The Beach (a Cali without a kitchen etc) was called that name on both T5 and T6 platforms.

Hope that gets you started.

What is now called the Ocean on the T6 platform was previously called the SE on the T5 and T4. Different base vans, same (pretty much) fit--outs.

The Beach (a Cali without a kitchen etc) was called that name on both T5 and T6 platforms.

Hope that gets you started.
Hello thank you for your reply that helps me out

Hello, i am starting research to buy a VW Cali in the future and initially looking at my needs and decide if the Ocean or Beach will be my choice but now i see T4,T5 & T6 what does this mean in ref to the Beach or Ocean ?
Hello Brian,
To help you decide you will need to ask yourself two simple questions:
1. How many persons will I ever need to carry? If it's more than 5 then forget the SE/Ocean. The Beach will accomodate up to seven in comfort providing you buy the right version with the two optional swivell seats.
2. Do I need the kitchen? If you don't need it all of time then take a serious look a Beach. There isn't anything you can't do in a Beach which you could in an SE/Ocean including cooking. It's just a more flexible and roomy package.

Hello Brian,
To help you decide you will need to ask yourself two simple questions:
1. How many persons will I ever need to carry? If it's more than 5 then forget the SE/Ocean. The Beach will accomodate up to seven in comfort providing you buy the right version with the two optional swivell seats.
2. Do I need the kitchen? If you don't need it all of time then take a serious look a Beach. There isn't anything you can't do in a Beach which you could in an SE/Ocean including cooking. It's just a more flexible and roomy package.
Hi thanks for your reply, at most probably only 4 but most likely 2 or 3.

I plan to travel for a few months at at time so would prefer to have the cooking facilities.

Then you will be looking at a Coast or Ocean.

Do you want all the "fancy" stuff including colored wing mirrors, electrohydraulic elevated roof, all the basic options, then go for the Ocean.
If you just want the cooking facilities, you could opt for a Coast. This comes as a more basic setup for standard. More like a Beach, but with the furniture.
From there you can tick all the options you want extra.

Then you will be looking at a Coast or Ocean.

Do you want all the "fancy" stuff including colored wing mirrors, electrohydraulic elevated roof, all the basic options, then go for the Ocean.
If you just want the cooking facilities, you could opt for a Coast. This comes as a more basic setup for standard. More like a Beach, but with the furniture.
From there you can tick all the options you want extra.
As it will be a one time purchase to enjoy I might go for all the bells n whistles to fully enjoy it, I can afford it outright.

T6.1 Ocean full loaded 199 4motion!

Enjoy!

As it will be a one time purchase to enjoy I might go for all the bells n whistles to fully enjoy it, I can afford it outright.
It looks like you have your answered your own question then.
Good luck finding exactly what you are after.

I’d always joked with a friend that when I started competing at dog agility I would get a VW camper. Never been in one, never driven one. Just knew that was what I wanted. Turned up at the dealers one day (after a few hours looking at options on the website) and ordered... and never regretted it. The extra’s I added were spot on. And the ones I didn’t I have retrofitted (so more costly to me).
I then stumbled across the forum between ordering and collection and have been ever so grateful I did...
I’ve had various issues with the van and dealer and this is the place that’s kept me sane.
If you’re serious about buying a Cali then this is the right forum to answer any questions before making big financial decisions.

Back