Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

A bit to low

My van is now 1960 mm with sportline springs fitted measured to the top of the Fiamma canopy
Alternatively, measure correctly from a known point on the sprung part of the suspension (damper mount bolt) to part of the chassis rail? somewhere on the WWW there will be a VW measurement for this for various vehicle configs and a rake (rear higher than front angle) angle measurement.

Calimili said:
Infact the rear Ocean‘ springs are the same of the factory lowered option of a Multivan.
That is a very interesting piece of information. Has anyone else noticed this?

@Calimili It would be helpful to know if the color code of rear Cali springs is actually the same as the factory 30mm lowered springs available on the Multivan/ UK Caravelle.

@Calimili It would be helpful to know if the color code of rear Cali springs is actually the same as the factory 30mm lowered springs available on the Multivan/ UK Caravelle.
Mine are 4x pink.

If that is the case then the correct term should be used eg: " excessive suspension travel " which has a whole different meaning and different methodology for tackling the problem.
What was said was pretty clear to me - clearly stated ride height would not alter !!

Yes, 2 white.

What was said was pretty clear to me - clearly stated ride height would not alter !!
You are entitled to your interpretation.

Definition “ sagging “

sinking or bulging downwards under weight or pressure or through lack of strength.
"sagging shelves bearing rusty paint tins"

Had mine lowered by 30mm at the VW dealership pre delivery. It was a post delivery option. But then added 18in wheels via sport pack option so the gap between wheel arches narrows. Handles well, no real roll.

A VW option, not a factory option, so post delivery from factory and pre delivery to me.

So I'm still curious, if the standard Cali leaves the factory with the same rear springs as the optional 30mm factory lowering springs available for the Multivan/ UK Caravelle as @Calimili says is the case, and then on top of that has 30mm lowering springs installed by the VW dealer before delivery, does that mean the rear of the Cali has been lowered 60mm compared to the standard Multivan/ UK Caravelle? Or does the VW dealer quietly just lower the front springs, leave the standard factory rear lowered springs in place, and charge the customer for lowering all four? To put it another way, are rear VW dealer installed lowering springs for the Cali a different part which is 30mm lower than Multivan/ UK Caravelle rear lowering springs, making a total of 60mm rear lowering compared to the standard Multivan?

Last edited:
So I'm still curious, if the standard Cali leaves the factory with the same rear springs as the optional 30mm factory lowering springs available for the Multivan/ UK Caravelle as @Calimili says is the case, and then on top of that has 30mm lowering springs installed by the VW dealer before delivery, does that mean the rear of the Cali has been lowered 60mm compared to the standard Multivan/ UK Caravelle? Or does the VW dealer quietly just lower the front springs, leave the standard factory rear lowered springs in place, and charge the customer for lowering all four? To put it another way, are rear VW dealer installed lowering springs for the Cali a different part which is 30mm lower than Multivan/ UK Caravelle rear lowering springs, making a total of 60mm rear lowering compared to the standard Multivan?
just need to look at the rear springs and see what colour code they have. Standard for Oceans is 2 white stripes , here a pic of mine.

20201027_131608.jpg

I'm totally inferior.

I am clearly without any form of love for my vehicle.

Two Cali's, 120,000 miles, 500 nights overnighting in one, both 4mo and been bounced over all sorts of crap,

and I totally have abused and misused them. I've just simply got in, driven, gone everywhere, camped anywhere and the only saggy bottom that I have been concerned with has been my own.

Sorry Albert and Alfie :(

Next time, I will worry over your springs and not mine and will shorten your mudlfaps :rolleyes:
So, probably best to stay away from anything you may wish to sell on this site. Thanks for the heads up GJ!!!