Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

A break away

Red wine lover

Red wine lover

Vehicle
T5 SE 174 4Motion
We got our new leisure batteries, came out of isolation and we were off.
Got to see the family in Leicestershire then via Allostock to Kielder Forest. We spent 3 great nights here (thanks Steve and Steve) and although it was raining at times we were able to get out on our bikes and for 2 nights the clouds cleared away to let us see the stars. Kielder is a dark night spot plus some good trails for mountain bikers.
We moved onto a site by Hadrians wall, again wet at times but must admit that both nights we had to put down the roof in the middle of the night. We had strong winds and the lady found it a bit scary up top! We will go again at some pont.
BUT will now have to cancel the next break away, maybe at Christmas we'll travel again

We got our new leisure batteries, came out of isolation and we were off.
Got to see the family in Leicestershire then via Allostock to Kielder Forest. We spent 3 great nights here (thanks Steve and Steve) and although it was raining at times we were able to get out on our bikes and for 2 nights the clouds cleared away to let us see the stars. Kielder is a dark night spot plus some good trails for mountain bikers.
We moved onto a site by Hadrians wall, again wet at times but must admit that both nights we had to put down the roof in the middle of the night. We had strong winds and the lady found it a bit scary up top! We will go again at some pont.
BUT will now have to cancel the next break away, maybe at Christmas we'll travel again

Without any pics, you have not gone anywhere, you have not been to Kelder forest, you have not spent three nights in Kelder forest ... and you have not seen the Hadrian's wall :upsidedown ;) :thumb

Great to hear you got away but as mentioned above, would love to see the pics...

Lovely pics. Thank you for sharing.

It is the best feeling when you step into the Cali after walking in the rain and can literally forget everything , put up your feet and have a warm cuppa. Enjoy!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Noooooo...... my one and only holiday this year was booked for the end of November / beginning on December. Staying in a Cottage by the Vindolanda for the second week (Lakes for the first)

MTBing around Kielder is always on the cards and the weather has always been extreme. Last time I was up there I had my young dog in toe and was concerned about his wellbeing so turned just before the top due to the wind and rain (snowflake Boxer dog). Visibility was dreadful.

Thank you for sharing your lovely pics - makes me more determined Im on the right course!

Without any pics, you have not gone anywhere, you have not been to Kelder forest, you have not spent three nights in Kelder forest ... and you have not seen the Hadrian's wall :upsidedown ;) :thumb
I like this comment.

I shall return to my, re the NC500 and prove I was there.