Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

A day in the Ardennes

Nice , good thinking only swivel the drivers seat a quarter ....pretty messy turning it the whole way with the kitchen unit and the steeringwheel on a LHD .
I never swivel the left seat all the way arround .
Seems the weather was nice also?

Hi Hotel California, to be honest, I have not been able to fully turn it. Is it possible? I always ask my daughter (the lightest of the four) to sit on it.
About the weather... not that good. In fact, we had planned to spend the night out around Spa but we had to cancel it. Five minutes after finding a nice spot for free camping in the middle of the woods very strong wind and rain came up. The temperature dropped like 8 degrees in a few minutes. Since we were not far from home we decided to drive back. If I had been by myself or just two of us we would have probably stayed. I have discovered that the Cali shrinks when gets wet...

On my previous T4 and my current viano marco polo, you can swivel the driver seat all the way around, but you have to move it back and forth to clear steering wheel. I figure it must be possible on t5's and t6's as well? On the t4 it was a real adventure as it had to clear the shifter as well

Yeah, it´s possible. After several frustrating tries I found there´s an elusive "sweet spot" where the seat can be swivelled almost with no hindrance (well, maybe after a bit of juggling with the driving wheel)

Yeah, it´s possible. After several frustrating tries I found there´s an elusive "sweet spot" where the seat can be swivelled almost with no hindrance (well, maybe after a bit of juggling with the driving wheel)
On the T6 with DSG just put it in park and release the handbrake.
A lot of people think Belgium is flat. Flanders is but there are some serious hills in the Ardennes and in winter you often get a white out overnight even on the motorway.

I love the Ardenne.I think it is a beautiful region. As an historian I also love the modern history of the place.