• Thread starter TwentyOneThirtyFive
  • Start date
TwentyOneThirtyFive

TwentyOneThirtyFive

Scruffy looking Nerf herder
VIP Member
Vehicle
Cali now sold
A few photos from New Year's Eve in and around Thetford Forest. Being NYE, it's mostly food and alcohol...

Van at campsite...

file-5.jpg

file-4.jpg

file-3.jpg

Venison Bolognese. Tasty.

file-1.jpg

Cheese and wine. Well, it is traditional...

file-2.jpg

My new cup holder. Spot the design flaw.

file.jpg

Thetford Forest.

file-7.jpg

file-8.jpg

Happy new year :)

Nice pic's :thumb :thumb I know Thetford Forrest quite well do you know the owner of the other t4 :?: looks like a autosleeper :thumb

No, just a random parking experience. Think it was an autosleeper. Looked pretty smart - there are days when I am envious of the high tops...

Never been to Thetford before, was pleasantly surprised by the bike trails. And not at all busy, despite the car parks being full to bursting.

We spent 10 days at the C&CC site near Thetford and rode around the local woods and various bits of Peddars Way, the Pingo Trail etc. The going was generally good and the weather was amazing considering what was happening to the rest of the country. The campsite was good and worked as a pretty decent base for a bot of walking and cycling.

We didn't make it as far as the main forest and the tracks at Brandon - but now we know a little more about the area (I didn't know it at all well before this break) I would like to do more of the tracks from Brandon. There doesn't appear to be any local campsites though.. other than the Ram Hotel which has some poor reviews (liz wants a decent shower as a minimum if we are biking!)

Any recommendations?

Don't know the area either. We stayed at the Camping in the Forest site at Thorpe, which is very basic (they don't have toilets or showers). But they did give us a tree as a thank you for visiting (seriously).

I noticed a campsite near the High Lodge area of the forest, but don't remember it's name.

dan

Back