Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

A pleasant surprise from Admiral Insurance + £41.00 (for 9 months)

hubert72

hubert72

Vehicle
T5 Beach
Not very often I post but just got off the phone with Admiral and thought I would share in case anyone else is due a renewal and has other vehicles at the household.
Insurance runs out in a few days, I got a renewal quote from Comfort (who I have been with for 5 years claim free) for £420.00.
Thought I would contact Admiral for a new quite as I recently took out a multi car policy for my other car and work van together and it was quite cheap compared to everyone else.
I asked how much to add the cali to the policy and to my amazement it was only £41.00 to add the cali to the existing policy.
I was a little disbelieving at first and hesitant to proceed insisting something was wrong but it wasn't, it was a legit (3rd car) discount.
That is only up to the renewal date of September for the multi vehicle policy, so only 9 months worth, but pro rata is still very cheap.
So we have a car, panel van and cali all on the same policy (with no restrictions either) and all at a very reasonable total price.

This is what i posted yesterday on another thread...

Admiral - We had a no fault accident 4 years ago. Our car was written off. The third party insurer, RSA, was fantastic and sorted everything asap.

We were mid-term with Admiral so we had to cancel the policy - they refunded the remainder of the policy LESS £50 cancellation fee!!! It is not the £50 that winds me up, it is their attitude that it was my choice to cancel the policy! Never, ever will I insure a car with Admiral again. And I will take every opportunity to let people know that story.

Not very often I post but just got off the phone with Admiral and thought I would share in case anyone else is due a renewal and has other vehicles at the household.
Insurance runs out in a few days, I got a renewal quote from Comfort (who I have been with for 5 years claim free) for £420.00.
Thought I would contact Admiral for a new quite as I recently took out a multi car policy for my other car and work van together and it was quite cheap compared to everyone else.
I asked how much to add the cali to the policy and to my amazement it was only £41.00 to add the cali to the existing policy.
I was a little disbelieving at first and hesitant to proceed insisting something was wrong but it wasn't, it was a legit (3rd car) discount.
That is only up to the renewal date of September for the multi vehicle policy, so only 9 months worth, but pro rata is still very cheap.
So we have a car, panel van and cali all on the same policy (with no restrictions either) and all at a very reasonable total price.
I had a similar experience with Admiral, rang to get quote for my old Peugeot plus Mx5 as a multi car deal and the quote was good, I was asked if I had any other cars, so mentioned the Cali and the additional payment for the 3 was similar to yours, a bit of a no brainer! I have questioned them a couple of times to confirm that the Cali is covered for "habitation" fittings and I'm happy with the cover.
It will be interesting to see what the renewal quote will be in April!

I think a lot, if not all, of insurance brokers will charge amendment or cancellation fees

This is what i posted yesterday on another thread...

Admiral - We had a no fault accident 4 years ago. Our car was written off. The third party insurer, RSA, was fantastic and sorted everything asap.

We were mid-term with Admiral so we had to cancel the policy - they refunded the remainder of the policy LESS £50 cancellation fee!!! It is not the £50 that winds me up, it is their attitude that it was my choice to cancel the policy! Never, ever will I insure a car with Admiral again. And I will take every opportunity to let people know that story.
Did Admiral not act for you as your insurer in recovering damages from the other party's insurer, RSA?

Did Admiral not act for you as your insurer in recovering damages from the other party's insurer, RSA?
No, they did not. I liaised directly with RSA. admiral palmed is off to an accident management company who were complete sharks. I will always avoid Admiral like the proverbial plague. Utterly useless and they wanted nothing to do with it.

No, they did not. I liaised directly with RSA. admiral palmed is off to an accident management company who were complete sharks. I will always avoid Admiral like the proverbial plague. Utterly useless and they wanted nothing to do with it.
It just shows how some people can have different experiences, I had to let Admiral know about an accident last year and found they were really easy and friendly to deal with, a claim manager was on the phone straight away, took all details of the accident and told me to just leave everything to them, a couple of simple phone calls and a couple of follow up emails later and it was all sorted. The easy process and the way it was dealt with was the main reason I wanted to transfer my other vehicles to them.

The trouble with comparing insurance companies on anything except price is that all evidence about claims handling performance seems to be anecdotal... or is there some reliable comparison platform out there that reviews them on the claims side?

Yep Admiral was good for us as well and we did the same to double check we was covered properl.

We have 3 cars on a Admiral policy very cheap, however they wont insure my Kombi, yet Hubert72 has a panel van insured with them !! I will contact them to recheck.

We have 3 cars on a Admiral policy very cheap, however they wont insure my Kombi, yet Hubert72 has a panel van insured with them !! I will contact them to recheck.
They have “Vans” option on their website menu.

Sounds too cheap to me…. so I would have a degree of concern

I have 3 vehicles on an Aviva Multi Car Policy (4yr, 4yr and 8 year NCD). I pay £685 for the 3 cars and the multi car discount equates to an £182 ( So individual premiums would equate to £685 + £182).

I renewed in July 19 and added our new CHR in Sept 19 which required a top up of £200.

I pay around £350 for the California insurance separately via CCC.

Curiosity has got the better of me..... I filled out all our vehicle details and they struggled with the CHR so I removed this vehicle .

They quoted £317.62 for our California under a multi car policy which is £37 cheaper than the CCC .

We have hoping to order our first California, so thought I should see how much the insurance might be. Contacted Admiral as we have a multi car policy to take the Yeti off and replace with the California and they couldn't find the model. Transferred me to the van section of Admiral and they couldn't find the model either. They said having a reg number would help. But we don't have this yet. Strange that the same insurance company you are with could find the California on their system so can quote!!! Have I done something wrong when providing the details!

We have hoping to order our first California, so thought I should see how much the insurance might be. Contacted Admiral as we have a multi car policy to take the Yeti off and replace with the California and they couldn't find the model. Transferred me to the van section of Admiral and they couldn't find the model either. They said having a reg number would help. But we don't have this yet. Strange that the same insurance company you are with could find the California on their system so can quote!!! Have I done something wrong when providing the details!
I think they probably need to look at Transporter then the California is a sub category.
If you "borrow" a registration from a similar T6 they should be able to quote. I've got quotes on the basis of "I'm thinking of buying this car and given a reg from an advert".

I think they probably need to look at Transporter then the California is a sub category.
If you "borrow" a registration from a similar T6 they should be able to quote. I've got quotes on the basis of "I'm thinking of buying this car and given a reg from an advert".
Thanks will try that, strange that a VW California didn't come up on the system for a van either. Hopefully providing a reg number of similar model will work :)

Mine worked fine. Note contents limited to £150 which might cover one of mine Brandrup pockets.

Very useful stuff - thanks to all, will investigate on renewal ... thought I was doing well With Saga at around 250 ….

al

Experienced those sharks - nasty, nasty and useless

Been speaking to Admiral today who seem to recognise the California as a car for insurance purposes, but also that all original fixtures and fittings are covered (I.e roof, beds, kitchen units etc). They have a new page on campervan insurance which refers to California campers specifically. The agent read me a section from the relevant document stating that this was the case and all parts of the campervan are covered. The Cali comes under car insurance, not van insurance.
Very competitive quote especially as it’s a multi car policy, but the personal possessions were only £500.
A bit more research before committing.

Mrs gas had a renewal from admiral for her Kia Sportage went up to £500. Done a quick internet search and found her comparable insurance with Churchill for £270. Seems you stay you pay with insurance companies

Been speaking to Admiral today who seem to recognise the California as a car for insurance purposes, but also that all original fixtures and fittings are covered (I.e roof, beds, kitchen units etc). They have a new page on campervan insurance which refers to California campers specifically. The agent read me a section from the relevant document stating that this was the case and all parts of the campervan are covered. The Cali comes under car insurance, not van insurance.
Very competitive quote especially as it’s a multi car policy, but the personal possessions were only £500.
A bit more research before committing.
I'm sure they do cover all the equipment in the event of a "motor accident" the question is do they cover everything in the event of a "Camping accident", such as an electrical or cooking fire, awning damage in a freak storm, elevating roof damaged?
I've heard conflicting information.

We have 3 vehicles with Admiral Multi policy - Ford C-Max/Fiesta & VW - current year cost us around £1200.
Recently received a 75.00 credit for Covid 19 non claim period ? ?

I'm sure they do cover all the equipment in the event of a "motor accident" the question is do they cover everything in the event of a "Camping accident", such as an electrical or cooking fire, awning damage in a freak storm, elevating roof damaged?
I've heard conflicting information.
Worth chasing that one up. Will do and report back.