Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

A sheepish hello

R

Rob C

Vehicle
Just browsing
Hello. We may be here under false pretences. Are we allowed to stay? We don’t have a Cali, but have a T6 Kombi that’s currently undergoing a professional ‘tasteful’ conversion. All other VW camper sites and forums are all a bit too ‘bling’ for our (middle aged) tastes.

A Cali was a bit out of budget, although given the amount of time, hassle and money we’ve spent trying get a decent conversion, we might as well have bought a Cali (and still might!). Is this enough of a reason to be allowed to stay?

By way of further introduction, myself, my wife (Jules) and two daughters (in their 20s) love cycling, running and boating and hence our ‘van’ is always full of ‘gear’. We Love getting away at weekends and it makes us feel as we’re living life to the full, as best we can.

Please can we stay?

Rob & Jules

Hello. We may be here under false pretences. Are we allowed to stay? We don’t have a Cali, but have a T6 Kombi that’s currently undergoing a professional ‘tasteful’ conversion. All other VW camper sites and forums are all a bit too ‘bling’ for our (middle aged) tastes.

A Cali was a bit out of budget, although given the amount of time, hassle and money we’ve spent trying get a decent conversion, we might as well have bought a Cali (and still might!). Is this enough of a reason to be allowed to stay?

By way of further introduction, myself, my wife (Jules) and two daughters (in their 20s) love cycling, running and boating and hence our ‘van’ is always full of ‘gear’. We Love getting away at weekends and it makes us feel as we’re living life to the full, as best we can.

Please can we stay?

Rob & Jules
You're very welcome! :)

(Pics asap!)

Welcome to the site, although you will find a lot of california specific information, there is also a lot of gems that are good for any campervan owner.

Plus its also great if you have VIP for the range of discounts too many of which aren't specific to Calis. ;)

Welcome guys, there are other members on here with conversions so don't worry! Be nice to see pics when it's ready. :welcome

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I'll post some pics (assuming they make a good job of the conversion!)

Welcome from another Rob C! We were going to buy a Kombi too for our Windsurfing / SUP gear but ended up with a California Beach instead! When we're fully loaded the gear goes in a trailer. Nice to keep damp / smelly gear out of the van.

Good luck with your conversion.

We welcome everyone the same way Cali owner or not...
In the end everyone wants a Cali , alltough some are desperate to sell theire's.

Thanks RoB5urf - don't give me ideas or my 'man maths' brain will be ordering a trailer! :)

Always a warm welcome here. :welcome

:welcome:welcome:welcome:welcome

It's a T6, just converted by someone other than VW. The mechanics are the same, the adventures are the same it's just the camping bit and the roof are different.:thumb

So don't forget the obligatory pictures when everything is done.

As you are finding, a good quality conversion comes at a cost which isn't far short of or equal to a California.

Please can we stay?

Rob & Jules
Hi, and welcome. I don't know if a T6 combi comes with a parking heater or if you've gone for one as part of the conversion, if you haven't got one I suggest that you do. Brilliant item to have in a camper.

Please can we stay?

Rob & Jules
Welcome to the forum, loads of info on here and well worth going for VIP membership

Hi vmaxkiddy, thanks. Yes, we have ordered a heater as part of the conversion. Winter never stops us!

And thanks CannonDale. We're jealous of your location - you're where we keep our boat and we'd love to be closer to it ! Buying our van is, in part, to make the trips down more fun and get all the stuff in that we need.

Hi vmaxkiddy, thanks. Yes, we have ordered a heater as part of the conversion. Winter never stops us!

And thanks CannonDale. We're jealous of your location - you're where we keep our boat and we'd love to be closer to it ! Buying our van is, in part, to make the trips down more fun and get all the stuff in that we need.
Great for bikes and great for boats. Have fun

Very true. We're down about every other weekend. Love cycling and running in the forest.