Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

A Story of Dealer Cooperation and Kindness

CLaw

CLaw

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
A Short Story

I will try to keep it brief, in June 2017 I made the decision to order a Brand New California Ocean, the expected delivery was to about Mid-August 2017, as time ticked by we started making plans for our trip to Europe in September and accordingly booked a slot on a cross channel ferry.

Sure enough at the end of the first week in August I had a call from the dealer to say the Vehicle had arrived in the UK and that I should start to organise all matters financial. On the day I sorted things I expected to get a notification saying they had sight of the money but did not hear back.

The next day (early) I phoned and was told somebody would ring back shortly and so they did, my question regarding my finance was quickly answered with a YES they had received the monies but then was followed by a very difficult piece of News from the Dealer which went as follows. Unfortunately your Van received some damage on its way to the showrooms from the docks whilst it was traveling on a transporter.

They asked me if I could come to the showroom and I would be shown the Van and its condition as it had arrived there and there were a few options to consider, I didn’t hang around and went straight there. It appears that my van was hit by a large low hanging tree branch; it had smashed the windscreen and put a considerable dent in each of the front screen pillars plus a big dent in the front top roof panel just before the pop up roof.

The options where that they would have it repaired and sell it to me as registered vehicle at a reduced price (second-hand), get it repaired and sell it as new, but both options where dependent on a an independent inspection by VW the next day so we left things like that.

In the end there was no decision to make which was just as well as I did not like either. VW said that the vehicle could not be sold and would have to go back to source.

So another trip to the showroom was required to discuss a way forward, which was order a new vehicle which was agreed.

But what of our planned trip which was only three weeks away. I will now tell you that the dealer was Crawly Based JCB Group VW Commercial Vans and they could not have been more helpful.
www.thejcbgroup.co.uk/vw-vans/contact-us/eurovans-crawley

They registered a brand new top of the range and I mean top Ocean with DSG Box, Sat Nav, and just about every extra option that is available for this vehicle. It was registered on the 1st September and after sorting out insurance we were crossing the channel on the 4th.

We travelled for 24 days taking a scenic route through France and on into Spain’s Catalonian regions and Barcelona actually arriving the day after the first of many massive gatherings calling for independence (loads and loads of Catalonian Flags hanging from thousands of balcony’s) We then took a slow journey back north to a host of other destinations through France until we reach Dieppe then Home. The Van was a dream; we travelled a little over 2,600 miles and had the most fantastic time. I returned the vehicle in good order.

I received my van new van on the 9th October and all is well. I suppose the point of this story is that there are some incredibly good dealers out there willing to go the extra mile for their customers, I didn’t go to them all guns blazing when the van was damaged after all it was totally out of there hands and they likewise behaved very courteously and helpfully. Trip for 2018 is already planned and cannot wait.

Great support from your dealer accidents happen I wonder what VW did with the van

Well done Eurovans.

Was it Mike Harbison?

I have had excellent dealings from them, apart from a ridiculously low part-ex offer on my last van.

Great support from your dealer accidents happen I wonder what VW did with the van
Chopped the top off and made a Convertable.

7A50CEF3-7A8A-41FD-B064-1EB86909C061.jpeg

Mike is a great guy. I bought my Calli from him in a very relaxed atmosphere. Well done JCB!

A Short Story

I will try to keep it brief, in June 2017 I made the decision to order a Brand New California Ocean, the expected delivery was to about Mid-August 2017, as time ticked by we started making plans for our trip to Europe in September and accordingly booked a slot on a cross channel ferry.

Sure enough at the end of the first week in August I had a call from the dealer to say the Vehicle had arrived in the UK and that I should start to organise all matters financial. On the day I sorted things I expected to get a notification saying they had sight of the money but did not hear back.

The next day (early) I phoned and was told somebody would ring back shortly and so they did, my question regarding my finance was quickly answered with a YES they had received the monies but then was followed by a very difficult piece of News from the Dealer which went as follows. Unfortunately your Van received some damage on its way to the showrooms from the docks whilst it was traveling on a transporter.

They asked me if I could come to the showroom and I would be shown the Van and its condition as it had arrived there and there were a few options to consider, I didn’t hang around and went straight there. It appears that my van was hit by a large low hanging tree branch; it had smashed the windscreen and put a considerable dent in each of the front screen pillars plus a big dent in the front top roof panel just before the pop up roof.

The options where that they would have it repaired and sell it to me as registered vehicle at a reduced price (second-hand), get it repaired and sell it as new, but both options where dependent on a an independent inspection by VW the next day so we left things like that.

In the end there was no decision to make which was just as well as I did not like either. VW said that the vehicle could not be sold and would have to go back to source.

So another trip to the showroom was required to discuss a way forward, which was order a new vehicle which was agreed.

But what of our planned trip which was only three weeks away. I will now tell you that the dealer was Crawly Based JCB Group VW Commercial Vans and they could not have been more helpful.
www.thejcbgroup.co.uk/vw-vans/contact-us/eurovans-crawley

They registered a brand new top of the range and I mean top Ocean with DSG Box, Sat Nav, and just about every extra option that is available for this vehicle. It was registered on the 1st September and after sorting out insurance we were crossing the channel on the 4th.

We travelled for 24 days taking a scenic route through France and on into Spain’s Catalonian regions and Barcelona actually arriving the day after the first of many massive gatherings calling for independence (loads and loads of Catalonian Flags hanging from thousands of balcony’s) We then took a slow journey back north to a host of other destinations through France until we reach Dieppe then Home. The Van was a dream; we travelled a little over 2,600 miles and had the most fantastic time. I returned the vehicle in good order.

I received my van new van on the 9th October and all is well. I suppose the point of this story is that there are some incredibly good dealers out there willing to go the extra mile for their customers, I didn’t go to them all guns blazing when the van was damaged after all it was totally out of there hands and they likewise behaved very courteously and helpfully. Trip for 2018 is already planned and cannot wait.
Super service!

Back