Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

A86 Low ceiling

J

Jo_elektro

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
I was reading a thread on this forum about the height restrictions in car parks and it made me think of a return trip last December when Waze routed us through the new A86 tunnel complex around Paris and it's low ceilings.
It is clearly marked as 2m at the entrance and I know for sure that the van is bellow that but every time a sign or a ventilation duct came up I had to fight the urge to stomp the brake :talktothehand.
At the end of this never ending tunnels we were sitting very low in our seats, nowhere near the speed limit and driving in the central lane to avoid anything sticking out :headbang.
Found some footage of other van drivers who experienced the same.

I was reading a thread on this forum about the height restrictions in car parks and it made me think of a return trip last December when Waze routed us through the new A86 tunnel complex around Paris and it's low ceilings.
It is clearly marked as 2m at the entrance and I know for sure that the van is bellow that but every time a sign or a ventilation duct came up I had to fight the urge to stomp the brake :talktothehand.
At the end of this never ending tunnels we were sitting very low in our seats, nowhere near the speed limit and driving in the central lane to avoid anything sticking out

When we went through I had to keep adjusting the rear view mirror as I sank lower and lower into the seat.

I remember our satnav took us through this. It's all the pipes and ducts sticking down that make it scary :)

Trannys height is 2m, it has an aerial on the roof.
That is what was hitting the signs.
Rubber duck. :)

My Satnav took me there with a kayak on the roof !!! Ended up having to use an escape lane just before the tunnel entrance - oops.

My Satnav took me there with a kayak on the roof !!! Ended up having to use an escape lane just before the tunnel entrance - oops.
Can’t really blame the SatNav for that.;)

Back