Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

ABS wheel sensor failed

jqp

jqp

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150 4Motion
I'm almost sure an ABS wheel sensor has failed. ABS, tyre pressure warning and traction control lights illuminating. Info display also reports front assist not working. Start/stop not working.
After 7 years and 50,000 miles this is to be expected. I have 2 questions for which I would welcome advice/opinions.

1. I have a 2-year all-in service plan. Can I expect the warranty to cover the repair cost?

2. Currently in France, not due home for several days. Am I wise to consider this non-urgent?

I'm almost sure an ABS wheel sensor has failed. ABS, tyre pressure warning and traction control lights illuminating. Info display also reports front assist not working. Start/stop not working.
After 7 years and 50,000 miles this is to be expected. I have 2 questions for which I would welcome advice/opinions.

1. I have a 2-year all-in service plan. Can I expect the warranty to cover the repair cost?

2. Currently in France, not due home for several days. Am I wise to consider this non-urgent?
Ours also went while in France.
yes, it’s non-urgent, just be mindful you will have no abs braking, the loss of automatic cruise control while in France is the biggest PITA.
Ours goes off and comes back on intermittently and has done for the last 3 weeks.

Ours also went while in France.
yes, it’s non-urgent, just be mindful you will have no abs braking, the loss of automatic cruise control while in France is the biggest PITA.
Ours goes off and comes back on intermittently and has done for the last 3 weeks.
Many thanks for swift response. Dont have ACC so good. No ABS not a problem either. Before the Cali, I had a T25 Westy. No ABS, very tail heavy! I drove it for 30 years and 180,000 miles. I still react to emergencies with cadence braking.

Back