Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Absolute Audio - New headunit, 'signature audio' package & engine remap.

KJ-88

KJ-88

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Hi all, I heard of Absolute Audio from seeing them mentioned on the forum, it is clear they are highly regarded. We have owned our Cali since 2012 from new and never been happy with the lack of handsfree and poor head unit. We fitted one of the chinese android units 2-3 years ago, but that failed recently so we went for a significant upgrade:

Kenwood DNX9180dab
JL Audio under seat sub
Hertz Mille Pro speakers & JL Amp (known as the Signature Audio package)

Jason fitted the van in last minute due to a cancellation, just wanted to say the service and professionalism was excellent. Jason & Noel very knowledgable and helpful and we are very chuffed with the upgrade, its great to retain MFSW & dash display functionality too.

The sound quality is absolutely fantastic from the sub & speakers - appreciate its quite a chunk of £ but it is so worth it!

I know not relevant to this forum, but we also had the Pendle Performance remap - perhaps naively we weren't expecting much difference from this, but Wow! The cali is like a different van now, much more responsive and better driving experience.

Just wanted to share a positive experience of Absolute Audio - thoroughly recommended.

ooh, i'm thinking of getting the DNX9180dab or very similar too. Any extra info or experience with and/or photos that would be appreciated. Did you get an app-connect usb thing put in too, in the glove box? I'm wondering if i can get an after-market rear view parking camera thing put in with it.

(i assume you can control the volume and track progression and things with the steering wheel controls? (so not having a physical volume knob sort of doesn't matter))

ooh, i'm thinking of getting the DNX9180dab or very similar too. Any extra info or experience with and/or photos that would be appreciated. Did you get an app-connect usb thing put in too, in the glove box? I'm wondering if i can get an after-market rear view parking camera thing put in with it.

(i assume you can control the volume and track progression and things with the steering wheel controls? (so not having a physical volume knob sort of doesn't matter))

Hi there,
Yes we have the USB connection in the glove box so it works great for Apple CarPlay. I have not tried an Android device but assume it would work just as well. Not sure about an after market camera sorry.

The steering wheel buttons work as you say, skip tracks, volume. The head unit does have a row of buttons along the bottom so you do have physical volume buttons too.

I’ll try do some pics etc .

Thanks

Back