Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

ACC with 150DSG any experience?

thehorse

thehorse

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Have a 150dsg with ACC on order and just curious how it copes when the vehicle in front accelerates away. With it being less torque than the 204, does it constantly change down a few gears to keep up with the car in front, or does it just gradually accelerate without changing down?

Wondering if I should make a last minute change to a 204?

Have a 150dsg with ACC on order and just curious how it copes when the vehicle in front accelerates away. With it being less torque than the 204, does it constantly change down a few gears to keep up with the car in front, or does it just gradually accelerate without changing down?

Wondering if I should make a last minute change to a 204?
I'll keep this short as the explanation could run to pages.
No it doesn't work that way. It's designed to activate to slow you down if something is within its range. When the vehicle then moves away your vehicle will then return to the speed that you set it to. You can also set it to be less or more responsive, economy modes etc. Not something to worry about. Yes if you have a 204 it will get you back to speed quicker if you want but well you know that when you made the decision on the engine.

Mike

Ok, understood - I was asking about when it resumes the set speed, didn't want it to keep dropping gears etc. but the economy mode sounds like it might be the solution.

Ok, understood - I was asking about when it resumes the set speed, didn't want it to keep dropping gears etc. but the economy mode sounds like it might be the solution.
I don't believe you will have a problem. I have the ACC with the 204 but I suspect someone on here has it with the 150 and can confirm.
It's a bit of relief when you build gets locked in as up until then you can't help but keep considering how you might change things.

Mike

I have ACC with a 150 Beach (so there may be some weight difference) but the engine copes really well with acceleration, when combined with the DSG it is very smooth, with hardly any loss of momentum when going up through the gears.
As far as the ACC is concerned, it will happily match the speed of the vehicle in front and won't drop gears unless there has been a considerable drop in speed. The DSG tends to go into a higher gear far quicker than I would if doing it manually, but the gear shifts are so smooth you may not even notice the changes, certainly when just creeping up to match the speed of the car in front.
Hope that helps.

Ditto to what Stoneybroke is saying - I don't notice the gear changes at all on our 150 DSG with ACC.

Never driven a vehicle with this facility before but now it's probably my favourite extra, I use it every day without fail and it makes for a super smooth and relaxed drive and really good fuel economy too.

Stuck behind a slow one on the motorway? Indicate right (in UK) and the ACC guesses you're about to overtake and starts accelerating!
ACC only cancelled on braking, so you can give it an extra squirt on the accelerator if you think you need a bit more, then foot off and ACC in charge again.

Back