Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Accelerator noise

J

Jimmylondon07

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Hey All

I’ve got a brand new T6.1 Ocean and have taken it out for a proper run this weekend. Have noticed a noise that sounds a little like a release of air whenever I press the accelerator pedal and it stays there until I take my foot off. Happens irrespective of the speed I’m doing or the length of time I’ve been driving. I don’t remember the one I test drove doing it…should I report it to the dealer?

Jimmy

Hey All

I’ve got a brand new T6.1 Ocean and have taken it out for a proper run this weekend. Have noticed a noise that sounds a little like a release of air whenever I press the accelerator pedal and it stays there until I take my foot off. Happens irrespective of the speed I’m doing or the length of time I’ve been driving. I don’t remember the one I test drove doing it…should I report it to the dealer?

Jimmy
I don’t have a T6.1 but what you describe could well be an air leak relating to the Turbo or Intercooler . As you accelerate the turbo spins up increasing the air input to the engine, hence the air pressure in the pipes from turbo to intercooler to engine. Any slight leak will be exposed as a hiss that disappears at a steady speed or slowing down .

Back