Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

ACSI

We just got this at the camping and caravan show but they only had one option, which was £14.50.

It has a card and you can use that card's number to get into the app I believe but now I'm not so sure.

We get the discount card which is good value for out of main season travelling in Europe.
The apps are also useful for whichever countries you are visiting and work off line so no need for an Internet connection when you're out in the sticks.

Help Please!

Which option do I choose.
http://webshop.acsi.eu/en/campingcard-acsi.html

Seems unnecessarily complicated but I'm probably being a bit dense.

I've applied for the ID card for both myself and my other half.

Mike
There are 2 ASCI cards, The ASCI Discount Card
http://webshop.acsi.eu/en/campingcard-acsi.html

and the ASCI ID Card

http://www.acsiclubid.co.uk/en/home/l2-n2225/

I've only ever bought the 1 ID card when touring and never been asked for a card for my wife. In Italy you have to use Passports only.

Which one of those options would you go for Snowy. They sound different. Not worried about the cost just that they sound different.

Mike

Which one of those options would you go for Snowy. They sound different. Not worried about the cost just that they sound different.

Mike

I would go for the Camping Card ACSI Combi Subscription 2017.
For cheap low season stops you use the Camping Card. All the campsites are on the app (cheap ones with the card and all the full price campsites).
Very few cheap campsites in the UK by the way.

I would go for the Camping Card ACSI Combi Subscription 2017.
For cheap low season stops you use the Camping Card. All the campsites are on the app (cheap ones with the card and all the full price campsites).
Very few cheap campsites in the UK by the way.
Thanks Snowy and all

Mike

Hi
I've used Acsi discount card for a few years now, it's very good. Makes it easy to check in, especially if your French/Spanish/Italian is as bad as mine!
I find you don't have to give over your passport either with the discount card.
I think the ID card is just a bit of a gimmick as I've never been asked to show one.

In Spain I'm surprised how many campsites have passport scanners and ANPR systems to open the barrier and give you a credit card sized pass with your photo on it.

I buy the campingcard&camperspot guides with the discountcard the thirth time in a row now .
Realy good as it holds the campsites and some free aires....
Always good to have a book on the road , i like to change plans last minute and there's always a ACSI campsite in the nearby . As you might have read in our trip reviews i nearly use ACSI site every time.
Never used the App , but looking in to do it.
Also we mostly travel low season and that way the price off the guides is gained back afther two or three visits , as there's some discount involved.
Another plus is the ACSI sites are 9/10 good sites with everything needed availeble , most are dog friendly , beeing proved frequent also beeing checked frequent out by the ACSI-staff.
IMG_0896.JPG

Last edited:
T
I think the ID card is just a bit of a gimmick as I've never been asked to show one.
The ID card is something you can leave behind instead of your passport. So not a gimmick. How much value it has is a different issue. In 6 weeks in Italy no one asked to keep any id at all. September, so out of season and probably just wanting to close down and get off on their own holidays.

I'd just get the basic ASCI without the ID card.

T

The ID card is something you can leave behind instead of your passport. So not a gimmick. How much value it has is a different issue. In 6 weeks in Italy no one asked to keep any id at all. September, so out of season and probably just wanting to close down and get off on their own holidays.

The ID card has a little more to offer than just an ID card, such as the Liability Insurance for upto 11 people., and just not for ASCI Campsites.

I have both, ID and membership. For the price it's a no-brainer. Turn up for a couple of nights, collect a discount, all fees paid for with the membership and the bonus of a nice guide book in the van and your passport still in your possession.

I had one day of mild panic in the vendee last year with every Aire full, the sun disappearing over the horizon and and nowhere booked. I saw a "camping" sign, pulled in. Was asked "ACSI?" .... "Oui"...... two nights, space available, all facilities, my imminent heart failure over, discount paid for membership. End of story.

Last edited:
Thanks All - Ordered ID for my better half as she will be the one popping into book us in with her vastly superior language skills and the discount card.
Yes I should be the one going in to improve said language skills but I will save the practice for after I've parked up and consumed red wine.

Mike

Reactions: KKW
T

It's only any good when things go wrong. I am so particular about everything in its place and have a special wallet for travel stuff. That caused us a problem. Arrived at campsite in Venice. Gave man 2 passports and he gave me them back and back they go into wallet so no need to look in there until next campsite.

Sadly in a shuffle with the slight of a magician he had kept one. We arrive 4 hours away and no passport so ask him to post it onwards for us. Never do that; we are not in UK and post does not happen.

Long story but full change of holiday and emergency trip to Rome embassy for expensive new one which is retained on arrival in UK.

I wish I had an ID card, didn't I.

I read all the advice and went to Asci to buy the full package and see there's a member and non member price. A bit confused or just stupid. When buying membership surely I wouldn't be a member!

Well impressed with the App. All now downloaded and on my IPad. Ability to filter to select type of site you want is useful.

Mike

I read all the advice and went to Asci to buy the full package and see there's a member and non member price. A bit confused or just stupid. When buying membership surely I wouldn't be a member!
Could you be a member renewing your membership?

I guess if you have the ID card your a member and then you get a lower price?

ACSI is simple you buy the book with the card just show this when you turn up pay probably half of what you would if you didnt have it. The CCI (ID) card as previously stated gives you liability ins ie if you total a wall etc on campsite but your ins would cover this anyway it is not really an ID card. You will always be asked for you passport it's a police requirement in Spain i.e. they know who's who.

ACSI is simple you buy the book with the card just show this when you turn up pay probably half of what you would if you didnt have it. The CCI (ID) card as previously stated gives you liability ins ie if you total a wall etc on campsite but your ins would cover this anyway it is not really an ID card. You will always be asked for you passport it's a police requirement in Spain i.e. they know who's who.
If you total the wall with your vehicle, then, your car insurance would cover it and affect your NCD. There are other possibilities of damage, such as driving away with mains lead connected and taking campsite electrics with you. I'm not so sure you would be able to claim for that, or your children braking a window etc:. The ID card does have your Passport number and in Scandinavia it was Passport or ASCI ID card on the ASCI sites I stayed on.

Just ordered the ID and Discount card. Will use in Netherlands, Belgium and France later this year :)

I ordered both I'd and discount too. I wish I could have used them in uk last night. I found a Caravan and camping club farm site who said £10 off season on their website and £14 on the club app. When I arrived I was told it was £18 to park in his field.

Back