Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Ad blue reset

I

icic

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
I have just seen that the minimum amount the dash wants me to put in of ad blue is 13.6 litres (no idea it had gone above the 10 litre mark as it’s shown in gallons) I only have 10 litres at home, if I put in the 10 litres will it recognise it and give the new mileage or does it have to be within the range show on the dash which is 13.6 to 15 litres to register ? Also can I add the10 then add the remainder later or does it need to be all at once

Last edited:
I would just add the 10litres and leave it at that. Don’t forget after you’ve done it to turn the ignition on (without starting) and wait 30secs.

I would just add the 10litres and leave it at that. Don’t forget after you’ve done it to turn the ignition on (without starting) and wait 30secs.
So it definitely registers it even if it’s smaller than the minimum ?

are you sure it is asking for 13.6 litres, it’s only a 13L tank. Have you made a conversion error possibly?

It’s asking for 3 - 3.5 gallons putting that into google comes back with 3 gallons = 13.6 is that correct. Just ch3ck3d again and US gallons gives 11.35 minimum so i presume it’s us gallons ? Even so it’s still below the 10 litres I have

If you change the dash to Km/h and distance to km as you would if you went abroad, it will also show you adblu quantities in litres.

Wow, yes so minimum 3 gallons, (13.6 litres!) max 3.5.
There are reports that you need to put the minimum in for it to register.
On that basis I would say buy some more and put in 13.6 litres. Or go to a fuel station and use the pump to fill up.
Out of curiosity what distance does it say is left?

To my shame 350 miles

I would try get a reading in liters as Andy suggested. Overfilling could really ruin your day and gallons are a bit ambiguous.

It will recalculate the range whatever amount you put in. Put the 10ltrs in switch ign on wait for adblue range to update then start up engine.

Wow, yes so minimum 3 gallons, (13.6 litres!) max 3.5.
There are reports that you need to put the minimum in for it to register.
On that basis I would say buy some more and put in 13.6 litres. Or go to a fuel station and use the pump to fill up.
Out of curiosity what distance does it say is left
It will recalculate the range whatever amount you put in. Put the 10ltrs in switch ign on wait for adblue range to update then start up engine.
That’s great to know, thank you

@icic, do not worry. even if you top it up with 5 L, it will recognize and update the range. German to English translations many times leave much to be desired.

The key, as many have said before - wait 30 seconds at least - for the MFD to register the top-up, before you start the engine.

EDIT: even if you start the engine without the 30 second wait, and as long as you are not in the 'no-start'/'adblu too low' range, the system will eventually recognise the refill automatically.

are you sure it is asking for 13.6 litres, it’s only a 13L tank. Have you made a conversion error possibly?
If it’s a 6.1, larger tank, 26 litres I think but not sure. I have done 14,000 km and still showing 12k range.

Back