Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

ADAC european breakdown cover

suzanne1

suzanne1

Vehicle
T5 SE 174
Has anyone used ADAC? Just seems so cheap compared to anything available in UK.

I think I've found out it only covers you for a trip that is no longer than 92 days. Back to the drawing board!

I think I've found out it only covers you for a trip that is no longer than 92 days. Back to the drawing board!
Hi, are you planning on being away for longer than 3 months?

Yes, for about 5 months, very excited! I am Rugdoctoring the upholstery in preparation atm and the bloody bench seat won't become a seat again! I'll search the forum.....

Yes, for about 5 months, very excited! I am Rugdoctoring the upholstery in preparation atm and the bloody bench seat won't become a seat again! I'll search the forum.....
See my post in the other thread.

Have you considered Caravan Club travel insurance. I think you have to be a member though.

Thanks Welsh Gas, I read that thread about 5 times!
We got a quote from Caravan Club yesterday it just seemed expensive,but I expect it all just is. I had been happily travelling round Europe last few years thinking our bank account add on had me covered and last year (after a family member was taken seriously ill and I had to abandon the van at Geneva airport get 2 flights home, 2 flights back again to pick up the van to drive back also missing my Eurotunnel slot) only discovered when trying to claim that because my trip was over the time allowed I hadn't been covered at all!

Thanks Welsh Gas, I read that thread about 5 times!
We got a quote from Caravan Club yesterday it just seemed expensive,but I expect it all just is. I had been happily travelling round Europe last few years thinking our bank account add on had me covered and last year (after a family member was taken seriously ill and I had to abandon the van at Geneva airport get 2 flights home, 2 flights back again to pick up the van to drive back also missing my Eurotunnel slot) only discovered when trying to claim that because my trip was over the time allowed I hadn't been covered at all!
Don't forget it doesn't just cover the Vehicle, but you and any occupants as well if taken ill etc:

I'm going to check if yesterday's quote covered that. Still trying to get my head around needing 3 types of insurance! We went with Caravan club for the van insurance after realising Comfort didn't cover the van in car parks.

Why 3 types?

Isn't it van, european breakdown, and personal?

Has anyone used ADAC? Just seems so cheap compared to anything available in UK.

Living in Germany I have used them. They are the AA/RAC equivalent (main one in Germany) but so much cheaper than UK prices. Don't be put off by the cheap price.

If I was doing a shorter trip I would have gone with them but I am slowly meandering my way back from Sicily- if I ever get there!

Am I correct in saying ADAC are a pay the man then claim it back type insurance?
Not that there is anything wrong with that.

How do you get ADAC insurance? Website is in German, then only seems to tell me to contact them directly via email or phone?

Back