AdBlue consumption data

Amarillo

Amarillo

Tom
Super Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Today I came across a normal diesel/petrol pump for cars/vans with an attached AdBlue pump. First time I'd seen one of those - I topped up with both, giving my first accurate fill to till AdBlue consumption data.
6076 Km for 8.56 Litres
710 Km/L
2005 mpg
Cost €0.35 per litre
€0.0005 per Km
£0.0007 per mile

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu

Interesting. How do you know when the AdBlue is full ?

The pump cuts out - though as with diesel pumps you can always top it up a little after the pump cuts out.

More difficult with a 10 litre container. Some have a spout on it which has a useful feature to stop the flow when it senses back pressure because it is full. I suppose you just have to be careful if you use a funnel not to overfill.
I found this website useful and selected the truck option. https://www.findadblue.com/yara-air1/#
My nearest is the Magor services just off the M4 which didn't appear when I selected vans. Much easier to use that a bottle and spout and about 60p a litre. Felt a bit strange using it as it is set all by itself round the back of the fuel kiosk, but very straightforward and on my way when I go up to Snowdonia.

Should the AdBlue Guide read about 5,000 miles when it is full?

Mine currently reads 10,000 Km so about 6,000 miles. I've never seen more than 10,000 Km.

Compared to prices I've seen in Europe for pump AdBlue, British pump prices appear high. But at 2000 miles to the gallon, it is a marginal cost.

Depressing for the U.K.
well and truly stitched up on fuel costs as always

More difficult with a 10 litre container. Some have a spout on it which has a useful feature to stop the flow when it senses back pressure because it is full. I suppose you just have to be careful if you use a funnel not to overfill.
I found this website useful and selected the truck option. https://www.findadblue.com/yara-air1/#
My nearest is the Magor services just off the M4 which didn't appear when I selected vans. Much easier to use that a bottle and spout and about 60p a litre. Felt a bit strange using it as it is set all by itself round the back of the fuel kiosk, but very straightforward and on my way when I go up to Snowdonia.

Yep mine did Simon. Used the 10 litre bottle

Mike

What we really need to know is, is there a difference between ISO 22241 and ISO 22241-1? And if so which is the best for your engine?

Guys, use this link to locate your nearest adblu pump. There is also the link to the app. Pump prices are waaaaayyyy cheaper than buying it in a tub or bottle :happy
http://uk.air1.info/en/

Guys, use this link to locate your nearest adblu pump. There is also the link to the app. Pump prices are waaaaayyyy cheaper than buying it in a tub or bottle :happy

There must be several of these links giving the sites that they supply. The one at the Magor Services on the M4 isn't on your link, so I shall have to check both if driving around.

There must be several of these links giving the sites that they supply. The one at the Magor Services on the M4 isn't on your link, so I shall have to check both if driving around.
Hi SimonB
I have just checked the tank type at Magor and it must be one of the only ones that is not using air1 adblu. They have a tank installed by Greenchem that is called Adblu4you and conveniently they don't have a map detailing their tank locations. The majority of adblu tanks at service stations are air1 adblu tanks :happy

Can you back this up with actual prices? In my experience - its cheaper and easier to buy online and actually see what you are putting in your tank. I've also found truck stops and pump locations are not camper or car friendly and seldom on route when you need one.

Can you back this up with actual prices? In my experience - its cheaper and easier to buy online and actually see what you are putting in your tank. I've also found truck stops and pump locations are not camper or car friendly and seldom on route when you need one.

Filled up at pumps in Germany, Poland, Spain, Bulgaria and Slovakia at 35 to 65 Euro cents per litre, and at VW Palermo at 2 Euros per litre!

Filled up at pumps in Germany, Poland, Spain, Bulgaria and Slovakia at 35 to 65 Euro cents per litre, and at VW Palermo at 2 Euros per litre!

Yes, Ive found european pump prices for adblu are quite reasonable in some locations but not in the UK! I was questioning Grumposaur68 statement that "Pump prices are waaaaayyyy cheaper than buying it in a tub or bottle :happy
http://uk.air1.info/en/"

£0.699/Litre at a Shell garage on the A5 in Staffordshire. Good? Bad?

I blow hot and cold with adblu pricing.

Buy it from Halfords a mile away, 10l at a time, pay £1.25 a litre.

Fill up from my nearest Adblu station 12 miles away and it's 69ppl.

I really object to paying 55ppl more but then given the ease and convenience plus the fact that I'm doing about 350 miles per litre the temptation is often too much.

Yes, on a journey I will probably pass 10 adblu stations but then if I'm not showing any indication for Adblu top up it's no good to me and when I am showing something I'm really not going to break my journey just to pop in half a gallon or so!

Hi Jabberwocky,

Whereabouts on A5 was this Shell station??

Checking the Ablue App it say theres one at Nesscliffe near Shrewsbury, but did you say there was one in Staffordshire as well?
Hi, whoops it’s a BP garage not shell! Sorry. It’s just before the Gaily island on the right hand side as you go west on the A5.

I blow hot and cold with adblu pricing.

Buy it from Halfords a mile away, 10l at a time, pay £1.25 a litre.

Fill up from my nearest Adblu station 12 miles away and it's 69ppl.

I really object to paying 55ppl more but then given the ease and convenience plus the fact that I'm doing about 350 miles per litre the temptation is often too much.

Yes, on a journey I will probably pass 10 adblu stations but then if I'm not showing any indication for Adblu top up it's no good to me and when I am showing something I'm really not going to break my journey just to pop in half a gallon or so!
I get a 1500 mile Adblue warning indication and can fit in a pump fill up during the next 2 or 3 fuel stops without going out of my way.

I get a 1500 mile Adblue warning indication and can fit in a pump fill up during the next 2 or 3 fuel stops without going out of my way.

Excellent. I think that I was at 800 miles I last filled from a pump.

If it's convenient then I will do it, if not, Halfords.... I really do not break into a sweat over it but one complicating factor that I do have is that on long trips more often than not I have a caravan on the back and not too keen pulling into filling stations with one of those attached:)

Talking of which, towing a caravan decimates AdBlu usage since my last trip to the dealers. I must ask just what did they change :sad

Last edited:
Back