Jabberwocky

Jabberwocky

Forever young (ish!)
Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
Cali now sold
Um......?

I have just passed 1500 miles with my new Cali (150 dsg). When I started out at 25 miles my Multi Function display computer said 4,500 mile before fill up. OK, that's what I was expecting. How then can it now be saying 5,000 miles at 1,500 miles later?

Are you on the level

Hmmm! Will check mine tomorrow- similar mileage

Mike

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Minw does down only noticed it go up once. from 4000 back to 4500. Expansion due to heat ?

OK, 1347 miles but you can see the readout......

IMG_0121.JPG

I guess it is calculated based on an average. Like the cruise range is based on the average consumption.

Enviado desde mi Moto G (4) mediante Tapatalk

Will be based on a rolling average dependent on driving style and (maybe) how many 'afterburner' sessions you get after short drives.

I'm not sure exactly how the consumption / range is calculated. I guess in a very similar rate to fuel consumption based upon current / recent consumption. So if consumption reduces due to driving condiitons then I guess range will increase. I only saw range incease once - at a similar time to you when the van was fairly new. Since then consumption is fairly steady. I have topped up twice - 10litres at 4,000 miles and 8,000 miles.

I'm not sure exactly how the consumption / range is calculated. I guess in a very similar rate to fuel consumption based upon current / recent consumption. So if consumption reduces due to driving condiitons then I guess range will increase. I only saw range incease once - at a similar time to you when the van was fairly new. Since then consumption is fairly steady. I have topped up twice - 10litres at 4,000 miles and 8,000 miles.
I was just a bit surprised to see range increase but as you say will settle down with use - and may be I am being a little light on the gas at this early stage in my Cali's life.

The MFD display doesn't seem all that granular (compared to avg. fuel consumption, or fuel range) and seems to often move in units of c.500-miles.

Mine got progressively more insistent & moved to smaller units closer to 4,500 / 5,000 miles, so don't worry about it.

I was just a bit surprised to see range increase but as you say will settle down with use - and may be I am being a little light on the gas at this early stage in my Cali's life.
Haha - yes so was I. Got 48mpg on a long run down to Austria (no load / average 55mph mostly on ACC). Never got anything like that since - mostly driving faster with much greater loads.

TOP TIP: Easily double your AdBlue consumption by paying for a big bottle with your diesel inside the garage & then simply get back in your van without picking it up from the forecourt display.

For completeness the pro-move is to then discard the receipt on arrival home :thumb

TOP TIP: Easily double your AdBlue consumption by paying for a big bottle with your diesel inside the garage & then simply get back in your van without picking it up from the forecourt display.

For completeness the pro-move is to then discard the receipt on arrival home :thumb
Another good reason to get it from the pump!

Another good reason to get it from the pump!
Not necesarily! I recall an incident with a university minibus where the fuel filler tube had become detached from the outer skin of the bodywork. We only noticed when fuel started leaking out of the wheel arch :Nailbiting

Back