Adblue done it.

Meoncoast

Meoncoast

an Ocean by the Sea
Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Well yesterday the adblue PING came on and the warning message took over the dash every time I started. telling me that I had 1400 miles range left and to adblue min 1.25 gallons and max 2.25 gallons.

As I have not found a local pump for non lorries in was get some locally so off to halfords and bought 10 litres for £14 (4 litres is £12).

The process - fit nozzle and pour in. no issues no spills - simple but the bottle is heavy.
Still rather do it on a forecourt from a pump.

You can use the pump for lorries. Should be no problem!

Iam not sure why someone would pay £12 for 4 litres when you can get 10 litres for £14 from the same shop but £7 for 1 litre, no wonder they are slow at putting pumps in for car

Iam not sure why someone would pay £12 for 4 litres when you can get 10 litres for £14 from the same shop but £7 for 1 litre, no wonder they are slow at putting pumps in for car
To be fair the same petrol station also had 10 Litres for about £15. But who would by it by the single litre?

I am down to 900 miles now so was planning to put 10L in as I bought 30L a while back but wanted to use a full containers worth.

I am down to 900 miles now so was planning to put 10L
I waited until it said max top up 2.25 gal so the whole 10 litres went in now I know the cycle all is clear

& now in the know working on 4 or 5 10 litre top up's per year.

[QUOTE="Meoncoast, post: 201454, no wonder they are slow at putting pumps in for car[/QUOTE]

Just use the lorry pumps. The T5/T6 is a light-duty commercial vehicle so the pumps for lorries are good to fill up the AdBlue!

[QUOTE="Meoncoast, post: 201454, no wonder they are slow at putting pumps in for car

Just use the lorry pumps. The T5/T6 is a light-duty commercial vehicle so the pumps for lorries are good to fill up the AdBlue![/QUOTE]

Am aware what t5/6 is but there are not any at the forecourts in my area.

Halfords have an offer currently. 10 ltr can for £14. Normally £20.

Useful top up & use the remainder later.

Halfords have an offer currently. 10 ltr can for £14. Normally £20.

Useful top up & use the remainder later

The whole 10 litres fits in when it says add 9.25 litres I was not sure about quality loss storing in the shed once open. I will not bother topping up between fill ups.

I did post somewhere on here where you could get 20l for about £19- 21
They say they will deliver to Joe Public.

http://www.distribution365.co.uk/ca...e-additives.html?cPath=888_5613_913_2788_2770

I think you posted in the post about Adblue pumps I think I would rather order 20 litres in x2 10 litre bottles keeping 1 sealed and knowing it fits in no chance of overfilling and spilling down paintwork also 10 litre bottle was big enough to pour from think 20 litre may put my back out

I think you posted in the post about Adblue pumps I think I would rather order 20 litres in x2 10 litre bottles keeping 1 sealed and knowing it fits in no chance of overfilling and spilling down paintwork also 10 litre bottle was big enough to pour from think 20 litre may put my back out

Agreed, 20l may be a bit unwieldy, I'm lucky that I have a pump within 5 miles at 89.9 per litre

..me..

First fill up for me in Southern Spain at a self service pump.
Maximum was reading 9.25litres. Put in 8.5 to be safe and avoid overfilling as not confident with cutout on pump €6

Mike

I believe that AdBlue has a limited lifespan. So beware if you stock too much.

It is my experience that more and more pumps are shoving up. Last year it was a disaster to find any pump on our roundtrip thru several EU countries, but this summer there was no problem at all.

I pay 0.80 € per litre on pump in DK

I believe that AdBlue has a limited lifespan. So beware if you stock too much.

It is my experience that more and more pumps are shoving up. Last year it was a disaster to find any pump on our roundtrip thru several EU countries, but this summer there was no problem at all.

I pay 0.80 € per litre on pump in DK
Lifed at over a year, only a problem if long time parked up or forget about using cans at home.

Must be a huge financial cost to install pumps plus storage tank at forecourts but probably far more profit than diesel per litre.

To be fair the same petrol station also had 10 Litres for about £15. But who would by it by the single litre?
There is a desire in this country to fleece those most in need. So if you forgot to do it on a previous trip or more and are now desperate with only a few bob in your pocket you must pay.

I didn't realise that adblue has a shelf life. Seems it is temperature dependant but 18 months looks to be a reasonable figure in the UK. It seems low mileage users, like myself, should let the adblue get low then just half fill the tank. I've done the opposite and topped it up a year ago, so i will be partly using the original adblue next year when it's over two years old.

Adblue crystallises easily if vehicle not used. Also reacts with metal so always stored in plastic.
Adblue should be readily available as trucks have used it since at least 2008.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Halfords are £12.50 for 10litres and will pour into your tank for a mere £5 extra.:shocked

Back