Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Adblue filling

tim downes

tim downes

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Hello - mine is saying I need to fill with adblue soon - do I need to go to Vw for this or can I just buy some and pour it in - or is there a gadget for getting it in cleanly please ? Any advice would be much appreciated - thks Tim

Hello - mine is saying I need to fill with adblue soon - do I need to go to Vw for this or can I just buy some and pour it in - or is there a gadget for getting it in cleanly please ? Any advice would be much appreciated - thks Tim

Hi Tim as I understand you can buy it at a pump same as the diesel but I’ve not filled up only got ours on Thursday !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buy it anywhere, Although if you find a truckstop they have
it on tap.
I got it on tap last week and it cost 58 cents € instead of 10 litres
in a bottle for 16€

You can buy it at filling stations. Filling as below.

f57fd81cda57405806ada7baa00d46e1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We waited until it said 1200 miles left, bought the big container (10l?) in Halfords, nice bloke came over and chatted about it...was happy I'd read about it on here.

Pouring it in worked perfectly with the spout that came with it and was no issue. Might be problematic if you're not able to lift the container?

Husband had worked out that the 10l would be enough to fill the tank and it was, range 6000 came up.

We were on holiday at the time. No pumps nearby, there or here at home yet.

As not found a adbue pump near home use 10litre bottles so far the local BP is cheaper than Helfords. (On last fill up)

Everyone talks in litres but my MFD talks in Gallons :shocked

I'm distressed! I have to keep multiplying by 2.199969 to get back to litres, which adblu is only sold in.

Driving me nuts as I have no confidence in my own abilities to work out such marvels.

Oh yes, ours does gallons too, I don't do maths so OH had to help...we just worked it out on the miles left/used vs tank capacity.

Or change the MFD to kph/km in the settings to save the maths (then back again so we know how many miles to the gallon we are doing... :headbang)
Yes, why do we buy in litres, but insist on mpg? It'll be so much better when we get gallons back after Brexit... they did promise that didn't they??? (I think that's what my mother is expecting:talktothehand)

GrannyJen I think the 2.2 conversion you are thinking of is litres to pints. UK Gallons to litres is x 4.5ish. It’s all very confusing. My ‘polluting’ T5 doesn’t have ad blue so I don’t have to do the maths!

1 gallon=4.54L.
I waited till the mfd told me I had 600 mi left. I stopped at some motorway services and used a truck pump to fill it up. Paid 69.9ppl. It took 11L to fill. Forgot to leave ignition on for 30s before starting. Adblue range reset to 3500mi. I’ve done over 5000mi on each of the two adblue fills.

I fill up at truck stops (usually at motorway services) - you usually have to deposit your credit card with the cashier before the pump is activated.

I've filled up at pumps in Germany, Poland and Spain. 2400 Km warning has just flashed up again so the 4th refill will be either Italy or Greece at ~32,000 Km. I've just been told that using AdBlue means there's little benefit from buying premium diesel.

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu

• Disagree
Reactions: Loz
I've filled up at pumps in Germany, Poland and Spain. 2400 Km warning has just flashed up again so the 4th refill will be either Italy or Greece at ~32,000 Km. I've just been told that using AdBlue means there's little benefit from buying premium diesel.

Can’t believe that’s right Tom. I thought Adblue was injected into the exhaust which is nowt to do with where the fuel is going.

Mike

Can’t believe that’s right Tom. I thought Adblue was injected into the exhaust which is nowt to do with where the fuel is going.
It is certainly what I was told. The truth or otherwise of what I was told is beyond my postage stamp sized knowledge of engines. All I can say is the bloke appeared to know what he was talking about.

It is certainly what I was told. The truth or otherwise of what I was told is beyond my postage stamp sized knowledge of engines. All I can say is the bloke appeared to know what he was talking about.

Tom, the world is full of blokes who look like they know what they are talking about. The trick is, well...

GrannyJen I think the 2.2 conversion you are thinking of is litres to pints. UK Gallons to litres is x 4.5ish. It’s all very confusing. My ‘polluting’ T5 doesn’t have ad blue so I don’t have to do the maths!

Good grief .... yes of course, my muddled head this morning.

Buy a big bottle the next time you fill up with diesel after the MFD reminder comes on, pour it in, forget about it for 4,000 miles.

Did it this morning, no harder than screenwash - whole AdBlue topic is the biggest “fuss about nowt” ever.

As it's been brought up, despite being off topic, does anyone think it is worth paying the extra for premium diesel?