Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Adblue warning

T6LB

T6LB

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199 4Motion
Wondering if anyone can help I had a warning on the dash saying top up my adblu in 4500miles,I brought the adblu from Halfords topped my Cali up and the 4500 warning is still on I have read my manual and can't find any info can anyone tell me how to remove the warning

Thanks Lee

If it says 4500 miles you don't need to fill up. That's almost full!

How much did you manage to put in?

Wondering if anyone can help I had a warning on the dash saying top up my adblu in 4500miles,I brought the adblu from Halfords topped my Cali up and the 4500 warning is still on I have read my manual and can't find any info can anyone tell me how to remove the warning

Thanks Lee
The Adblue tank holds about 13L, enough for about 4500 miles.
So if you had a warning at 4500 miles then that would seem to indicate a problem as the warnings are supposed to start at about 1500 miles.
How many miles have you done?

The Adblue tank holds about 13L, enough for about 4500 miles.
So if you had a warning at 4500 miles then that would seem to indicate a problem as the warnings are supposed to start at about 1500 miles.
How many miles have you done?
I suspect by warning the OP means it says 4500 on the MFD.

Mike

Thanks Lee
It was not a warning and you did not need to top it up. Not unless you were considering a looooong trip

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I suspect by warning the OP means it says 4500 on the MFD.

Mike
That was my thought, to be confirmed by the number of miles covered since Delivery.

That was my thought, to be confirmed by the number of miles covered since Delivery.
Mines going down. VW giving me a new Cali before I need a top up

Mike

Thanks for all you replies, my california has done 4300 miles now, it took about 5 litres of adblu I took it out today and on the display it says 4500 with the adblu sign it may be a fault I'll call VW tomorrow.

Thanks for all you replies, my california has done 4300 miles now, it took about 5 litres of adblu I took it out today and on the display it says 4500 with the adblu sign it may be a fault I'll call VW tomorrow.
Best thing to do if your not sure. I'm a bit confused. Have you had the Cali from new as I thought you'd just picked it up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mine indicated 4500 from new. It now reads 3000 (min 1 gal; max 1 gal)

...message ends...

Er what's adblu?

Thank goodness! - and thank you! There are quite enough things I don't know about the T5.

I've sorted it I get the trophy for nob head of the year it's just my display I can scroll up and down to choose what I want displayed

Thanks everyone who replied
My display is now fixed on the Adblue screen after putting in 10 litres of Unipart Adblue. I filled in the evening and started van in the morning without waiting 30 secs as handbook suggests. I have seen the list of display options but they are all ticked so how did you change the screen view from the scroll list?

Mine said 4500 miles when new. went to 3000 miles after aprox 2500 miles. remained at that for next 600 miles.
Got worried as about to go off to France on a long trip so filled up and now says 6000 miles range. I thought 4500 miles was maximum.
Filled up at a Shell in Leicester which had an adblue pump, priced at 69.9p per litre.

Mine said 4500 miles when new. went to 3000 miles after aprox 2500 miles. remained at that for next 600 miles.
Got worried as about to go off to France on a long trip so filled up and now says 6000 miles range. I thought 4500 miles was maximum.
Filled up at a Shell in Leicester which had an adblue pump, priced at 69.9p per litre.
I think it depends on the type of driving being undertaken, engine revs and gears used. Stop-Start driving, more fuel more Adblue.

I think it depends on the type of driving being undertaken, engine revs and gears used. Stop-Start driving, more fuel more Adblue.
They certainly all seem different. Mine has done very few short trips and still low mileage. Started at 4500 I've now done 2500 and it's reading 4000. Early days in our learning curve with Adblue

Mike

Our Adblue range started at 4,500 miles from new, 3,000 miles later is still says 4,500.

Back