Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Adblue - where are fellow T6 owners getting topped up

Hmmm....its been saying 4k miles and min/max 1.25 gals for the last more or less 500 miles. I'm beginning to think something is wrong. I am more surprised that the min and max fill number is the same than anything else.
Update? What update is that? My Cali was new in June '19.
I expect yours didn’t require the update and thus you’ll be missing out on the 80 litres or so of FREE AdBlue that for the sake of £6 or so per refill you cannot be arsed to claim.

Hi all,
I topped up AdBlue at an Esso garage near M20 when returning from a recent trip to France. I squeezed in almost 6 ltrs until the pump ‘clicked’ off. I think the cost was around 60p per litr.

Hi all,
I topped up AdBlue at an Esso garage near M20 when returning from a recent trip to France. I squeezed in almost 6 ltrs until the pump ‘clicked’ off. I think the cost was around 60p per litr.
That’s about right for pump AdBlue in the UK. It’s half that price in mainland Europe.

Hi all,
Check up on warning about filling at pumps until 'brim' full. Use display Max figure.

I expect so, it won’t stay like that for long, mine seems to be using 3 times as much as it did before the update.
Any MPG change?

I don’t understand your meaning here.
Tank sensor isn't a float device but an electronic laser beam type that uses the Adblue top surface to detect the level. Filling to the pump cut off point swamps this level finding system and can cause a failure, requiring a VW repair which is chargeable.
You can get away with it, I did before knowing of the issue, but it's your risk and not a warranty fault.
Lots of detailed info on earlier Adblue threads.

No that I notice, but I don’t expect any change as adblue is injected after combustion.
Just wondered if a 'cleaner' exhaust would benefit mpg. thanks

Ok late to the party as usual, what vouchers? When we had our new Cali delivered the dealer advised let the Adblue warning get down 750 miles then put 10 Litres in it.

Tank sensor isn't a float device but an electronic laser beam type that uses the Adblue top surface to detect the level. Filling to the pump cut off point swamps this level finding system and can cause a failure, requiring a VW repair which is chargeable.
You can get away with it, I did before knowing of the issue, but it's your risk and not a warranty fault.
Thank you for info, made me look deeper into how it works (I am still no wiser). supposedly some kind of ultrasonic measuring device. (Similar to that in my domestic oil tank)
I must admit I have topped tank up a few times, when done, no problems. when completed the display showing 6000 mile range.
i would like to think this fault may have been an issue in the past and has since been sorted by a possible software update.
Or maybe the neck on the adblue tank is short and the nozzle on pump was long enough to leave a sufficient gap after the clock.

thank you for advice again. There is always something to learn on this forum.

Thank you for info, made me look deeper into how it works (I am still no wiser). supposedly some kind of ultrasonic measuring device. (Similar to that in my domestic oil tank)
I must admit I have topped tank up a few times, when done, no problems. when completed the display showing 6000 mile range.
i would like to think this fault may have been an issue in the past and has since been sorted by a possible software update.
Or maybe the neck on the adblue tank is short and the nozzle on pump was long enough to leave a sufficient gap after the clock.

Oops.. clock should be click

Back