Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Advanced In-Car Tech / Motorhome Retrofits, Poole

DonGraham

DonGraham

VIP Member
Vehicle
Grand California 680
We are taking our GC680 from Carlisle to Jersey and I have taken the opportunity to get some retrofit work done at Advanced In-Car in Poole, also known as Motorhome Retrofits before catching the ferry.
The one thing missing on our van was a reversing camera and James and the team have done an excellent job in providing an OEM retrofit. They even managed to route the wiring down the upper near side of the van as per OEM spec.
I also got them to adapt the two 12volt sockets on the dash to ignition switched rather than permanent live. This is so I dont have to disconnect / re-connect camper spec satnav and dashcam every time. They did this by providing and shifting to a new switched live fuse position in the fusebox beneath the passenger seat.
One thing to note. Our van already had the upper brake light recall done. I was led to believe it was a new seal / gasket? It isn’t! They use the original seal but mount it with added sealant, perhaps Sikaflex.
There will be a video on YouTube produced at a later date showing how the work was done, I’ll add a link later.
Contact James at Advanced In-Car for more information 01202 776699.
http://www.advanced-incar.co.uk/
Email sales@advanced-incar.co.uk
Highly recommended!

I recently had some sound deadening and speaker upgrade with advance incar. They did a brilliant job. Very impressed with their workmanship knowledge and attitude.

I recently had some sound deadening and speaker upgrade with advance incar. They did a brilliant job. Very impressed with their workmanship knowledge and attitude.
Does the sound deadening make any difference on the road? I’m considering that.

I would say yes it does make a difference the only problem with having something like that done on the doors is what would it be like having the rest of it sound deadened. Engine bay bonnet wheel arches sliding door floor etc. all of a sudden you’re 6 grand in. If you can do that kind of stuff yourself or have friends that can you can save yourself a lot of money the material doesn’t cost that much it’s just very labour intensive. Ask me again in a few months I will be able to give you a complete answer.

Back