Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Advice on adding non-wind out awning.

Days out

Days out

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Bit of help and advice required here... I've searched but can't seem to find the answer, so here goes. I didn't order a VW wind out awning on my Cali because I wanted to keep spec down and try out the van for a while before committing to an awning or a tent type affair. ... But I can now see the usefulness when it's a bit wet, drizzly weather (had a quite a bit of this since we bought the van!). Seen an aftermarket awning on eBay that clips to the roof rail via 6mm kador beading and has two legs and guys to hold steady. Approx 2m X 3m. Has anyone got one of these and if so is it any good? Cost is about £90 on eBay so lot less that the type that is bolted to the cant rail, and of course I appreciate its probably more faff than the wind out awning but it looks like it would be good for those few times I need some protection from the rain... Any thoughts?

Bit of help and advice required here... I've searched but can't seem to find the answer, so here goes. I didn't order a VW wind out awning on my Cali because I wanted to keep spec down and try out the van for a while before committing to an awning or a tent type affair. ... But I can now see the usefulness when it's a bit wet, drizzly weather (had a quite a bit of this since we bought the van!). Seen an aftermarket awning on eBay that clips to the roof rail via 6mm kador beading and has two legs and guys to hold steady. Approx 2m X 3m. Has anyone got one of these and if so is it any good? Cost is about £90 on eBay so lot less that the type that is bolted to the cant rail, and of course I appreciate its probably more faff than the wind out awning but it looks like it would be good for those few times I need some protection from the rain... Any thoughts?
I made one. I have the wind out awning for summer and fine winter weather, but I use this during the winter in more severe weather. Mine clips over the Awning Cassette . If damaged then cheaper to repair/replace than the wind out awning.