Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Advice on buying

S

Superfab

Vehicle
Looking to buy
Hello all, I’m hoping to buy my first California very soon. It’s a 2008 SE 2.5 with 110,000 miles on the clock. It got a full service history. Any advice on what I should look out for? Does £23000 sound like a reasonable price?

any advice would be most welcome.

Hello all, I’m hoping to buy my first California very soon. It’s a 2008 SE 2.5 with 110,000 miles on the clock. It got a full service history. Any advice on what I should look out for? Does £23000 sound like a reasonable price?

any advice would be most welcome.
I’d check what work has been done alongside the history. Mine’s a late 07 with 76k miles and for 7 years didn’t miss a beat but have spent a fortune in the last 7k miles on new turbo, manifold and various other bits.
normally that mileage shouldn’t worry you and full history with that mileage should reassure you that it has been well looked after.
i would also check mot history, just to see how they have been going.
good luck, they are amazing vehicles and will give you huge pleasure.
Paul

I’d check what work has been done alongside the history. Mine’s a late 07 with 76k miles and for 7 years didn’t miss a beat but have spent a fortune in the last 7k miles on new turbo, manifold and various other bits.
normally that mileage shouldn’t worry you and full history with that mileage should reassure you that it has been well looked after.
i would also check mot history, just to see how they have been going.
good luck, they are amazing vehicles and will give you huge pleasure.
Paul
Agree with all this. It’s probably the BNZ engine which is great but can have the odd problem with items mentioned above and I’d add the DPF into the mix.
I did love the 5 pot engine though.

Back