Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Advice on DCC option

Ocean Bridge

Ocean Bridge

Ocean Bridge
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Hi everyone. Having followed this forum for over a year now its time to make an introduction and hopefully get some advice at the same time..

Thank you to all the members who have contributed to this forum I have found their advice very helpful and invaluable to my choice in which California to go for.

Having rented a Cali for a week last May it really sealed the deal for me..if there was any doubt at all in the first place.!

So here I am about to place an order for my ultimate dream machine, a 204BHP DSG 4WD Cali Ocean,

Indium Grey, Alcantara Seats, Rear Diff Lock, Removable towbar, LED Headlights.. among others.

One item that I would appreciate advice on is the Adaptive chassis control with dynamic suspension option.

My questions are ..

For a vehicle this size, is it helpful with the roll on bends and in particular will it negate the need for anti roll bars as discussed on previous threads?

With the COMFORT - NORMAL and SPORT mode how much difference does this make to the handling and feel in comparison to the standard suspension?

Reliability issues if any?

Having never had this option on previous vehicles will it be a button on the dash that's rarely used?

At almost 1,500 Euro I’m not sure if it is a “Must Have” option.

Any advice would be appreciated as usual..

Many thanks!

Last edited:
We have it on our Ocean, we had a T5 California that was lowered by the VW Garage on VW springs, it had 18” wheels, we found the ride too hard especially over Ramps etc.

Our T6 has 17” wheels and ACC, it is a much nicer ride, although to be honest I think this is more to the fact it’s not lowered and has 17” wheels then the ACC ( or is it DCC - dynamic chassis control ?)

We use DCC in the following way:

Comfort setting most of the time, makes a noticeable difference to smoothing out rumble noise and that roughness you feel from poor road surfaces, does not really help potholes or large bumps that much.

Vehicle does roll noticeably on windy roads which can cause car sickness issues for our kids in the back on particularly country type roads although they need to be pretty bad.

Standard setting we don’t use.

Sports mode:

Used when roads are particularly bad as mentioned above for two reasons, one being to avoid car sickness, and the other is it improves handeling by reducing body roll noticeably, but ride does get harder.

Would we pay for it next time? We had a discussion on this very subject while traveling on terrible roads yesterday and were 50/50 on it !

Probably would not get it if We could afford air suspension at the time (5k !), as we would love self leveling feature of this,.
So on DCC,we think it’s a nice to have feature but not essential.

I know it’s not a definitive answer but hope it helps.

Last edited:
We have it on our Ocean, we had a T5 California that was lowered by the VW Garage on VW springs, it had 18” wheels, we found the ride too hard especially over Ramps etc.

Our T6 has 17” wheels and ACC, it is a much nicer ride, although to be honest I think this is more to the fact it’s not lowered and has 17” wheels then the ACC ( or is it DCC - dynamic chassis control ?)

We use DCC in the following way:

Comfort setting most of the time, makes a noticeable difference to smoothing out rumble noise and that roughness you feel from poor road surfaces, does not really help potholes or large bumps that much.

Vehicle does roll noticeably on windy roads which can cause car sickness issues for our kids in the back on particularly country type roads although they need to be pretty bad.

Standard setting we don’t use.

Sports mode:

Used when roads are particularly bad as mentioned above for two reasons, one being to avoid car sickness, and the other is it improves handeling by reducing body roll noticeably, but ride does get harder.

Would we pay for it next time? We had a discussion on this very subject while traveling on terrible roads yesterday and were 50/50 on it !

Probably would not get it if We could afford air suspension at the time (5k !), as we would love self leveling feature of this,.
So on DCC,we think it’s a nice to have feature but not essential.

I know it’s not a definitive answer but hope it helps.

Thank you for your reply Aoife, I appreciate the info..
It's seems to be one of those options that not many people have gone for.
Nice to have but not essential.
I'll take it off the order.. I've enough options ticked as it is!

Thanks again.

I have DCC and would not opt for it. The van came with it and it does make a slight difference to the crashing about on rough roads.

I use sports mode when towing and it definitely makes a difference to the caravan wagging the back of the Cali.

I have DCC and would not opt for it. The van came with it and it does make a slight difference to the crashing about on rough roads.

I use sports mode when towing and it definitely makes a difference to the caravan wagging the back of the Cali.

Thank you Jen it's good to hear from owners that actually have it as it's not a popular option from what I've seen on the forum.
So I've decided to do without.
The order is placed now so roll on May.. or June.!

I'm really looking forward to it.!

Back