Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Advice please service/oil change

Zebedee

Zebedee

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Normally do about 7000 miles a year as daily driver etc. it had its big 4 year service this time last year eg cam belt, water pump etc. Due to impending GCSEs (starting tomorrow) have only done about 4000 miles this year but intending on big trip this Summer eg France, Germany, Switzerland, northern Italy etc The MOT is due. Do you reckon I should get a service and oil change as well or just the MOT and wait till we've done a few more miles? Or just go for an mot and oil change?

if it was me I would go with just MOT

Normally do about 7000 miles a year as daily driver etc. it had its big 4 year service this time last year eg cam belt, water pump etc. Due to impending GCSEs (starting tomorrow) have only done about 4000 miles this year but intending on big trip this Summer eg France, Germany, Switzerland, northern Italy etc The MOT is due. Do you reckon I should get a service and oil change as well or just the MOT and wait till we've done a few more miles? Or just go for an mot and oil change?
MOT and Oil Change. The oil has been there for a year, absorbing water and rarely, comparitavely speaking, being run upto operating temperature.
Personally, if I was doing less than 10,000 miles/year, indicative of short trips or infrequent longer trips I would be changing the oil annually.

Back