Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

After night 1 came night 2 - now a bedding question...

CampervanTime

CampervanTime

VIP Member
Vehicle
Westy Sven Hedin
Well, after the first rough night away, last night was much better.

We slept upstairs and it was quite still so weren’t kept awake by the van rocking and funny noises!

In search for some comfort, we used the downstairs comfortz memory foam topper on top of the standard vw upstairs mattress with a fitted sheet on, and an opened out sleeping bag (rectangular) over both of us.

This was pretty good but wondered how this would compare to a zonesleep on a 1” comfortz up there instead?

I presume I’m also right in thinking that if we really had to sleep downstairs (storm etc) then we could drag down the comfortz 1” and zonesleep to use downstairs anyway? I know they’re a bit wider but wouldn’t they just curl up at the edge a bit and be ok for very occasional use?

We slept upstairs and it was quite still so weren’t kept awake by the van rocking and funny noises!

In search for some comfort, we used the downstairs comfortz memory foam topper on top of the standard vw upstairs mattress with a fitted sheet on, and an opened out sleeping bag (rectangular) over both of us.

This was pretty good but wondered how this would compare to a zonesleep on a 1” comfortz up there instead?

I presume I’m also right in thinking that if we really had to sleep downstairs (storm etc) then we could drag down the comfortz 1” and zonesleep to use downstairs anyway? I know they’re a bit wider but wouldn’t they just curl up at the edge a bit and be ok for very occasional use?
Yes.

We have the 1” replacement mattress/zonesleeper upstairs with a vango aurora double sleeping bag ( very cosy bag & can be split to 2 single bags).
Much better than the VW mattress( which really hurt our shoulders).

Believe Nick at site shop is developing a new combined zonesleeper/foam mattress . Worth giving him a ring,

We rarely sleep downstairs but pull the zonesleeper down .

Most things designed for upstairs can be squashed in downstairs because you have solid sides, as opposed to worrying about rubbing the canvas upstairs.

There's a clever German solution for the downstairs bed:
calibed-kl-_-1.jpg

This mattress covers only the folded bench and allows you to leave the shelf in the back (with its own mattress) in its highest position. This gives you 6cm more storage space height-wise.
We've ordered this one and have it ready to use in our new Coast, to be delivered this week. Will post feedback once we've tried it!
https://shop.vwcamper.de/schlafkomfort/256/calibed-2-teilig-fuer-comfortline/coast/ocean

Back