Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Air conditioner service

Vixitrix

Vixitrix

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
I’ve just booked my 2017 ocean in for an interim service and they suggested I pay an extra £99 for an air conditioning service as they need to be done every two years.

Anyone got any advice, comments or opinions on whether I need this done now and then every two years and if the price is reasonable. Thanks!

£99 that’s twice as much as it should be

MIne has never been done in 11 years and still works fine, but may go get it done soonish by local air con company

It’s not quite that straightforward.
The basic service is a purge and recharge which should offer leak checking. Not everyone is going to get away without one for 11 years or even half that. The recharge includes Lubricant to prevent the seals from perishing and leaking. Price of repair for that is scary.
Pricing is another matter ...

It’s not quite that straightforward.
The basic service is a purge and recharge which should offer leak checking. Not everyone is going to get away without one for 11 years or even half that. The recharge includes Lubricant to prevent the seals from perishing and leaking. Price of repair for that is scary.
Pricing is another matter ...
I would be astonished if such a service is included with the 2/4 service plan you paid for in advance. That would be the test hey.

Aircon service and refresh whatever that means

On mine they sterilised the AirCon ducts, front and rear. Nice smell afterwards from front and rear air ducts, as well as checked for leaks, recharged and checked operation. I paid about £50 but it was part of a Major, Major Service.

On mine they sterilised the AirCon ducts, front and rear. Nice smell afterwards from front and rear air ducts, as well as checked for leaks, recharged and checked operation. I paid about £50 but it was part of a Major, Major Service.
Worth having ... condensation in the ducts develops smelly growths and air circulated through ..not good! Not sure if that aspect is needed every 2 yrs though. ( Must get my old un serviced for this)