Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Air freshener taken off paintwork

Azteccamper

Azteccamper

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
:mad: Really annoyed with myself. Giving the Cali a good clean post summer France trip and left a “Yankee candle” air freshener hanging overnight to give it all nice smell. Opened rear hatch and found it had taken off the internal paintwork. Gutted. Need to think of the best way of making good now. Any ideas anyone?

317F1268-F4A4-4F91-8CA7-E7BC96B3447B.jpeg

If you want to do a proper job, it might be worth getting one of the firms that does repairs to kitchen work surfaces to have a look. I’ve seen what they can do and it’s pretty impressive. Although that might cost more than buying a new door!

'Accidentally' break the hinge and get the door replaced on warranty?

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Buy this and treat yourself to a change of kitchen colour :thumb

Seriously phone one of the breakers like Cotswold parts selling California kitchens or interiors on eBay....or just google the part number. There’s more chance of finding one on eBay.de but working out the right German compound noun for stuff on there can be a problem.

Might be worth going to decent model shop and getting a few tins of Humbrol paint and having a go at a touch up job. As it’s a fairly random wood grain if you get the right mix of colours you should be able to hide the scar quite well.

:mad: Really annoyed with myself. Giving the Cali a good clean post summer France trip and left a “Yankee candle” air freshener hanging overnight to give it all nice smell. Opened rear hatch and found it had taken off the internal paintwork. Gutted. Need to think of the best way of making good now. Any ideas anyone?

View attachment 50147
This might help.

'Accidentally' break the hinge and get the door replaced on warranty?

Then they will sell or just replace the hinge you broke. And they will probably charge you for that because a broken hinge won't come from itself. That will be abuse, so no warranty.

Then they will sell or just replace the hinge you broke. And they will probably charge you for that because a broken hinge won't come from itself. That will be abuse, so no warranty.
The comment was tongue in cheek but I take your point.

Back