Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Airscreen Size

The Pox

The Pox

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Does anyone know the size of the Brandrup Airscreen for the middle window of a T6 Cali Ocean? I have looked in the Brandrup catalogue but there are no detailed specs. Any help would be appreciated.

If no accurate answers forth coming you should be able to work it from this sites photos.
Width of opening window plus the distance (to the front edge x 2). Height from rail top to window bottom, if trying a DIY this would need some adding to form the bowed section.

Thanks. This what I have been doing/trying to do. I recon they must be something like 560mm wide and 750mm long but it would be good to know exactly.

If doing a DIY then I'd start with extra length which would be trimmed to fit at the end stage after getting the bow part done.

I recently purchased an Evolution Power Circular Saw with a Multi-material cutting blade from Screwfix after a few hand sawing/cutting attempts on Acrylic sheet resulted in cracking it. Brilliantly quick and easy.

If doing a DIY then I'd start with extra length which would be trimmed to fit at the end stage after getting the bow part done.

I recently purchased an Evolution Power Circular Saw with a Multi-material cutting blade from Screwfix after a few hand sawing/cutting attempts on Acrylic sheet resulted in cracking it. Brilliantly quick and easy.
Indeed. The secret with Acrylic is saw as fast as you can to avoid cracking or melting the edges. I have done this a few times putting extra shelves in my booze fridge!

Indeed. The secret with Acrylic is saw as fast as you can to avoid cracking or melting the edges. I have done this a few times putting extra shelves in my booze fridge!
I didn’t cut the acrylic sheet I bought from eBay.
As long as it is wider, mine was x2 width of the sliding window, and 50% longer than the window height.
This is what I did,

Sheet of thin Acrylic from eBay.
Some Nylon cord, Duck Tape and 2 Suction Disks. Lay some cord across 1 end of the sheet and secure with Duck Tape. Makes it thick enough to go in the Awning Rail slot, and hold.

Other end, same but with a longer length of cord secured with tape.

Cut ends to suitable length and attach to Suction Disks. Voila, Cheaper, a lot cheaper, than the Brandrup offering and can be made larger to give more protection.

I didn’t cut the acrylic sheet I bought from eBay.
As long as it is wider, mine was x2 width of the sliding window, and 50% longer than the window height.
This is what I did,

Sheet of thin Acrylic from eBay.
Some Nylon cord, Duck Tape and 2 Suction Disks. Lay some cord across 1 end of the sheet and secure with Duck Tape. Makes it thick enough to go in the Awning Rail slot, and hold.

Other end, same but with a longer length of cord secured with tape.

Cut ends to suitable length and attach to Suction Disks. Voila, Cheaper, a lot cheaper, than the Brandrup offering and can be made larger to give more protection.
Ok thanks for that. I am not sure I want it twice the width of the window but definitely wider than the Brandrup ones seem to be. It comes down to storage on top of everything else. In a campervan less is more!! I think I will make the final decision when I have the Acrylic and how lazy I feel on the day! It is just I am reluctant to pay best part of £60 for half a metre of Acrylic...

The brandrup one has kador sewn to the top to fit in the awning channel

Yes I have seen that in their brochure. I have not made the decision yet how to do it. I am still in the design phase!

I have just been looking on t'internet single sided Kador is the way to go. Pretty cheap too.

Ok thanks for that. I am not sure I want it twice the width of the window but definitely wider than the Brandrup ones seem to be. It comes down to storage on top of everything else. In a campervan less is more!! I think I will make the final decision when I have the Acrylic and how lazy I feel on the day! It is just I am reluctant to pay best part of £60 for half a metre of Acrylic...
I just slip mine under the upstairs mattress.