Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Alan Turing

Loaded up with 50´s in the UK can be a bit
hit and miss, i´ve been refused loads of times.

Europe is cool 500, 200, 100 and 50 and less and its not often
that you get refused with any.

Loaded up with 50´s in the UK can be a bit
hit and miss, i´ve been refused loads of times.

Europe is cool 500, 200, 100 and 50 and less and its not often
that you get refused with any.
£50 notes are a bit high risk! I withdrew £3K from a building society to buy a car, didn’t buy the car, took the cash back to the same branch and they found a forgery and called the police!

£50 notes are a bit high risk! I withdrew £3K from a building society to buy a car, didn’t buy the car, took the cash back to the same branch and they found a forgery and called the police!
A one way street then, we check em on the way in, not out... wtf.

The 500 is no longer being produced. Small establishments won't accept it.

A one way street then, we check em on the way in, not out... wtf.
Yep!
It was a branch I used frequently and they said I needed to wait for the police, I declined but bumped into the police on my way back to work. Asked if they were after the forged £50s, they were and were chuffed when I said I’d give them the details of where I got the money!
The building society, after lots of denials refunded the money as “a goodwill gesture”.

Yep!
It was a branch I used frequently and they said I needed to wait for the police, I declined but bumped into the police on my way back to work. Asked if they were after the forged £50s, they were and were chuffed when I said I’d give them the details of where I got the money!
The building society, after lots of denials refunded the money as “a goodwill gesture”.
Well, considering that the 50 is the highest note in the UK

I might be wrong but you would have to be a bit thick to come up with
an idea of counterfeiting that note.
A tenner would be my choice, gone in no time, 2 coffees and it's gone.
Who's robbin who,

Well, considering that the 50 is the highest note in the UK

I might be wrong but you would have to be a bit thick to come up with
an idea of counterfeiting that note.
A tenner would be my choice, gone in no time, 2 coffees and it's gone.
Who's robbin who,
I had a similar conversation in the bank a couple of days ago. I took out several hundred pounds and decided against £50s and settled for £20s. The cashier told me that £20s were the most forged.

The new face on the £50 note.

In memory of all those killed for being different?

Sorry to get into this a little late - I only noticed this stream in the weekly round-up. The replies to GrannyJen's post drift off the point a bit. The 1950's government 'moral' stance was to trounce Turing's public genius and attack his private values. He died prematurely at 41 - what more would he have done for post war Britain had he been supported and celebrated? In the company of Newton, Darwin and Hawkings.
Taf (Yet to intro myself properly. Will do soon)

Sorry to get into this a little late - I only noticed this stream in the weekly round-up. The replies to GrannyJen's post drift off the point a bit. The 1950's government 'moral' stance was to trounce Turing's public genius and attack his private values. He died prematurely at 41 - what more would he have done for post war Britain had he been supported and celebrated? In the company of Newton, Darwin and Hawkings.
Don't forget Alfred Wallace, who jointly came up with natural selection, but Darwin sort of 'hijacked it for himself.

I quite agree although I prefer the word "killed" .... Killed by the chemical castration that unbalanced his mind.

Don't forget Alfred Wallace, who jointly came up with natural selection, but Darwin sort of 'hijacked it for himself.

That’s not quite right. Darwin day on his ideas for a long time and did not publish because he was a committed Christian and knew the upset it would cause. Friends persuaded him to publish when they learned Wallace had independently come to the same idea. So Wallace did come up with idea independently, but not first.

caliventures364847572.wordpress.com