Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Alarm System

S

Solis

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Good morning,

Can anyone please tell me if there is a thatcham alarm system fitted on the Cali ocean t6. If so which category? Thanks.

it has one
From their Security Categories pdf...

The Thatcham Vehicle Security Categories (Category sets system type, it is not a rating of effectiveness)
Category 1
Electronic Alarm and Immobiliser
Alarm Perimeter detection
Ignition detection
Passenger compartment movement detection
Living compartment movement detection (Mandatory Leisure vehicles only)
Inclination detection (Mandatory Motorcycle)
Audible warning with battery back-up power supply
Immobiliser
Passively set
Isolates a minimum of two operating circuits or systems

So the category 1 definition appears to include the immobiliser.

Edit
To clarify, it appears that to achieve the Thatcham Category 1 alarm rating it has to include an immobiliser.
So the UK version of the California has a Factory Fitted Category 1 Security system i.e. alarm + immobiliser

Last edited:
Good morning,

Can anyone please tell me if there is a thatcham alarm system fitted on the Cali ocean t6. If so which category? Thanks.
If you are asking, because the insurance company don't know, personally I would find another Insurance Company. Doesn't auger well.

When I took out my insurance with Comfort they wanted confirmation that I had Cat 1 and stated that in the event of a claim they could ask for proof. I printed out a copy of the Thatcham pdf, just in case!

Should you get a Thatchams Security Certificate with the paperwork on purchase, or do you have to print one off yourself?

Should you get a Thatchams Security Certificate with the paperwork on purchase, or do you have to print one off yourself?
Never had one with vehicle best to print it off yourself.