Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Alcantara Seats Covers.

N

Nigel Whitwood

Guest User
Hi,

I have Alcantara and one seam on the rear seat cushion, between two vinyl sections, has started to give way. The underlying base material seems ok but the vinyl layer itself has started to "delaminate" at the stitches. I can replace the cover at a significant cost but am loathed to do so if this is a common issue should the new one do the same after a few years. Has anyone had similar problems? (2018 Ocean).

Hi,

I have Alcantara and one seam on the rear seat cushion, between two vinyl sections, has started to give way. The underlying base material seems ok but the vinyl layer itself has started to "delaminate" at the stitches. I can replace the cover at a significant cost but am loathed to do so if this is a common issue should the new one do the same after a few years. Has anyone had similar problems? (2018 Ocean).
Nigel, have a late 2017 ocean with Alcantara seats and no such issues. Not heard of any such issues other than a spring almost popping out on a 6.1 which was reported on here recently .

Before you go for an expensive replacement, see if a upholsterer can fix it for you.

But then hasten to add that we are only two of us and the rear seat gets used only when camping but definitely not kindly and we also have seat covers.

Back