Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Alcantara trim on the T6

Lawrie

Lawrie

Vehicle
Looking to buy
Hi
Has anyone seen aT6 Ocean with Alcantara trim yet? or even a fabric swatch? Not found a dealer yet who is able to assist.

I was also told by VW that...

The Alcantara seats are partially covered in leather / man made leather and Alcantara.

Yes we saw them Saturday at cowford dealership. They are really nice creamy/ grey leather with suede like inserts. Going for them in our ocean. Just deciding what other options we require.

Hi
Has anyone seen aT6 Ocean with Alcantara trim yet? or even a fabric swatch? Not found a dealer yet who is able to assist.
I realise you asked the question a while ago but I have recently got one with Alcantara upholstery; superb and well worth the extra cost. Still put the Brandrup covers and the carpet from the previous one.

I went for the alcantra trim when I purchased, as others have said, well worth it. A very attractive leather look and easy to give a wipe clean with a damp cloth should the need arise.

I don’t have any other seat covers over them. Having paid the extra I want to enjoy them.

I went for the alcantra trim when I purchased, as others have said, well worth it. A very attractive leather look and easy to give a wipe clean with a damp cloth should the need arise.

I don’t have any other seat covers over them. Having paid the extra I want to enjoy them.
I’ve got Alcantara upholstery too; excellent!

Another Alcantara fan, had it on Albert and now on Alfie

I would go as far to say Alcantara is better than leather as mine still looks like new, with leather it wears and starts to crack ov the years.

yep Alcantara is fine

just remember if you order alcantara you will have to order seat heating aswell..Ianyway I had to in2016...
don't know if they changed teire policy..
cheers
Peter

yep Alcantara is fine

just remember if you order alcantara you will have to order seat heating aswell..Ianyway I had to in2016...
don't know if they changed teire policy..
cheers
Peter

Does anyone know if this is still the case?

We went through the configurator hundreds of times and as we wanted swiveling seats, did not amend anything in this area other than to choose the alcantara trim. The dealership didn't say we needed to add it either when they were comparing Dudley 1 to the new order.

Does anyone know if this is still the case?

We went through the configurator hundreds of times and as we wanted swiveling seats, did not amend anything in this area other than to choose the alcantara trim. The dealership didn't say we needed to add it either when they were comparing Dudley 1 to the new order.

In our 2016 Uk California Ocean the heated seats were standard. Not an added option.
We have alcantara trim. It has survived 2 dogs,coffee ,red wine & blood . Still looks pristine. I did treat the seats .

Last edited:
I have the grey leather and alcantara they are very nice but wifey wants to cover them. But I want to enjoy them

I have the grey leather and alcantara they are very nice but wifey wants to cover them. But I want to enjoy them

Mmmm what's the point of investing in" soft to the touch" alcantara if you gonne cover them with some cheap fabric...I have mine 2 and a half years now and they still look brandnew , any spot is easely wiped off...and they wear just as much (if not more)with a fabrick on it , that grinds even more than youre standard pear of jeans....
just my 2 cents...
regards
Peter