Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

All T5 owners and T6 Buyers... Options

In my op, go for the T6, 204 ponies with DSG. If ever (god forbid) you decide to sell then this will be the best bet.
If you do then opt for the bigger brakes.
Def tow bar but don't waste cash on a detachable. Again, my opinion but what difference does it make to take fit off??.
Rear shower output is useful.
Cruise is a must.
Oh and a brilliant colour. Oh, sorry, VW won't allow that!

Pod.

In my op, go for the T6, 204 ponies with DSG. If ever (god forbid) you decide to sell then this will be the best bet.
Def tow bar but don't waste cash on a detachable. Again, my opinion but what difference does it make to take fit off??.
Cruise is a must.

Pod.

I went for all of the above, but with a removable tow bar. had a fixed towbar on a previous car & constantly bruised shins :)

Def go 204. You may need to pull the skin off a rice pudding one day

Rear parking sensors are not quite so accurate with a tow bar. I found this out when a neighbour in a long MPV reversed into my car. When I tried to explain that he had hit it, he kept on saying, "I'm using parking sensors". You just have to remember to stop as the bleeps get faster rather than as you might usually do without the tow bar. Stop about 4" sooner.
They aren't hard to get on and off and can be stored in a small space. I only put mine on when I wanted to use the bike rack. The bruised shins was the other reason.
The VW one is similar to the Westfalia one, but more expensive.

Cruise is a must.

Pod.

Larger brakes come as standard with the 204 so no need to specify as an option.

Comparing DSG units between ; 150hp & 204hp ; both are same?
I was heard , 204's DSG is a stronger unit , which is durable up to 500newton torque

Sure about the electric sliding door? Do you really want the been-beep-beep on campgrounds in the middle of the night when going to the Toilette for example!!!

I met a chap with a Cali in Warwick recently. I asked how he found his SE, of course they liked it. He did mention the only thing he found a problem with was the electric door. When it worked apparently superb but after 6 months it started to have a fault which apparently has had to be adjusted regularly ever since.

Is that common on the electric doors?

Sure about the electric sliding door? Do you really want the been-beep-beep on campgrounds in the middle of the night when going to the Toilette for example!!!
I thought the same thing until I saw @Rhyddin and his electric door. To shut a manual door properly you need to close it with a certain velocity with causes it to make a bit of noise. The electric door slides quietly into closed position. The beeps are less intrusive to neighbours on campsites than slams in my opinion.

I thought the same thing until I saw @Rhyddin and his electric door. To shut a manual door properly you need to close it with a certain velocity with causes it to make a bit of noise. The electric door slides quietly into closed position. The beeps are less intrusive to neighbours on campsites than slams in my opinion.
The manual doors now have a power close so no need to slam anymore.

The power close on my tailgate needs a push with one finger, but all my weight hanging off the edge of the bootlid to get it down to that position.

The side door needs just a slow push for it to latch, no slamming required at all.

The power close on my tailgate needs a push with one finger, but all my weight hanging off the edge of the bootlid to get it down to that position.

The side door needs just a slow push for it to latch, no slamming required at all.
It will be easier to close when Winter comes.:thumb

Back