Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Alloy insurance

whistlingdogg

whistlingdogg

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Anyone recommend alloy insurance. My wife had this on her a3 and has used it a lot. She will be the main driver of our new beach so looking to get the alloys insured.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone recommend alloy insurance. My wife had this on her a3 and has used it a lot. She will be the main driver of our new beach so looking to get the alloys insured.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Maybe a Driving Course might be more cost effective.;)

Some extra thoughts
  • replace alloys with steels
  • ensure you add parking sensors
  • ensure you add rear view camera
  • ensure she does not park near my Cali
Sorry to say given the size of a BEACH (length width height) I would say scrapping the alloy's when parking maybe the least of your worries.

Last edited:
If you have the standard wheels/tyres on the beach - 16" - the tyres will touch most kerbs, rather than the alloys.
But still best to avoid any kerbs.
Parking camera fitted?

I'd want copper bottom insurance if not cast iron written in stone.....I'll roll off :cheers

What on earth do the economics look like for that kind of insurance? Surely if some people are claiming the whole time for kerbed wheels, the premiums must be silly??

We have Alloygators on our Audi TT as it has miniscule tyres and we were forever damaging the wheels. Have had them on over a year and the wheels are still good despite Mrs S hitting something so hard it broke a part of the Alloygator off. There must be a bit of a knack to fit them though as we had new tyres fitted and they couldn't get the gators to fit flush. Had to take the car back to the gator fitters who had them back flush in a flash.

I suppose these would also cover existing small edge damage too ... Hmmm, there are some fitters fairly near me - I may give it a punt for £60.

Back